Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to the people that whernt jerk offs thanks for your help all i aksed is if you guys had problems im tryign to RESEARCH but very few of you guys helped and once again the guys that did help THANK YOU very much. some of you guys need to grow up really . i just asked a simple question and it is honestly rediculous. i knwo this is gonna get closed liek my last thread and i will prob get band but yes that was my first post i joined the site to LEARN not have people check my spelling and to ridacule me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey rideinchevy,

You might consider using the site's built in spell checker, it's located in the upper right corner of all the reply boxes, and iis dentified by a 'check mark' with the letters 'ABC' above it. It's hard to read material that has numerous misspellings, a couple minor misspelled words are OK, but yours are tough. :grd:

·
Registered
265 Posts
What is a "jerk off"???:eek:

Rick

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Ride
IMO you could have chosen your words more carefully in you first post and done some research first. As for the spelling I'm probably one of the worst here and I have to spell check everything. Look at it this way it hard to understand your post why would we want to help you if we have to spend extra time trying to figure out your posts? There is no reason to keep dragging this out move on no. We may have started out on the wrong foot there's no reason we can't change that, but you have to meet us half way.

:welcome: to DP

Oh and this post should of been in the Off Topic and will likely get moved.

What is a "jerk off"???:eek:

Rick
Something you should do in private not on DP. :(

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
well to the people that whernt jerk offs thanks for your help all i aksed is if you guys had problems im tryign to RESEARCH but very few of you guys helped and once again the guys that did help THANK YOU very much. some of you guys need to grow up really . i just asked a simple question and it is honestly rediculous. i knwo this is gonna get closed liek my last thread and i will prob get band but yes that was my first post i joined the site to LEARN not have people check my spelling and to ridacule me.
Actually, no this one will not get closed. But please understand this for future reference. You come on to a very die hard Chevy/GMC Diesel site and talk about something that you did not understand in the beginning and you were not very clear about things, then start talking about what others have said, which is a big no no in the first place... And last, you never responded back in your original thread. So I think it is safe to say that people thought you were a troll. However, if you justify yourself on here and post regularly then that opinion will change. You need to understand that we get people on here all the time who are just trolling around looking to stir up trouble. These guys are on here are specially trained to eat those types up and make them run, which they are very successful at might I add... But lighten up a little, learn to use the spell check and things will get a lot better around here for you. We like all the members we can get and welcome everyone to the site as always. We ask that you try the search feature first and then come back after you have exhausted that and ask your questions. You are ALWAYS going to get some [email protected] answers, that is just the way it is. BUT, after you learn the site and the people on it you will grow more to understand who jokes alot and who is down right serious all the time...

So with that, Welcome to the Diesel Place. Enjoy and most of all, have fun....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i see what you guys mean i wasn't trying to start stuff yes it was me but some of them just blew up and was ridiculous and sorry about the spelling :) i was here to LEARN thus the post about " heard chevy diesels where crappy" and i was just stating what i have heard and seen first hand i wasn't trying to get under anyones skin i just wanted to know what everyone's experiences where i am on fullsizechevy.com and am looking to get a diesel and they directed me here. THANKS once again for all your help and welcomes

·
Registered
812 Posts
Chevy's are nice. Heck, all three big names are nice. My brother in law has a 2002 LB7 and it rides great. He keeps it stock, but I think I'm going to get him a chip come his birthday because it needs some more power. He's had it since it came out and hasn't had a problem with it. He's a die hard Chevy guy, but sometimes kicks himself in the butt because he could of got an 02 F350 for what he paid his truck (it'd be more useful for him), but he loves the truck. He's actually thinking of trading it in towards one of those Chevy trucks that compete with the F650/F750's from Ford, but the Chevy kind. If he does that, I might sell my F350 and ask him to sell me his 2500HD because I'd like to own a Chevy truck and I know he's treated his well.

My old man actually has a 94 2500 Silverado gasser and it's been pretty reliable since we got it. It was used, but taken care of when we got it in 95. It has 190k miles on it. We did have to replace the tranny one time, but that was mostly his fault because he was trying to pull something out and it broke the 4x4. Never owned a Dodge, but bro in law has and he won't every buy one again lol.

No complaints from Chevy or Ford from me though.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
actually the other thread wasnt too bad there were some smartass responses but most of the responses were pretty good giving you the information you asked for or just making friendly jabs twisting your possibly negative comments into positive comments everyone pretty much answered your questions saying that if they had any problems the dealership took care of them but dont ask problemchild about his truck because it's been more trouble than a teenage daughter is

Okay.... now read that again, then read some of the other posts above and look for the differences.
Part of the problem with some responses you got is that you are typing, not only like you speak, but maybe WORSE with no punctuation, no sentence structure, no page breaks, nothing at all.
Even without the poor spelling it is INCREDIBLY difficult to read and follow the thought process. There is no "time" for the reader to take a break and absorb what you've already written. Periods give a natural break point that people need to comprehend what was written, otherwise, the only statement that sinks in is the first or last thing written.

Sorry for busting on your writing, but if it's hard to read, it's going to cause two things.... negative responses, or people will just flat out ignore you.
This forum is an AWESOME place, but you have to be able to communicate effectively.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts