Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased an '02 D/A with 40k miles. Just changed, for the 1st time, the oil/fuel filters added the allison deep pan based on info provided by the great people on this forum. Appreciate the help and info provided by my fellow D/A owners. Will change the front/rearend fluids when I receive the fluids from dmaxallitTech (great price).

Gota admit that my driveway will never be the same. Large red spot in the center. Funny, I read all the instructions on installing the deep pan. Never even considered that the pan drain plug is recessed and also has a large nut welded to the inside of the pan (read - holds about 1 to 2 quarts of transmission fluid in the pan after it stops draining). I managed to spill this all over myself - which immediately ran off me and onto the driveway.

By the way dmaxalliTech is there maintenance on the filter in sump pickup inside the transmission pan?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Robert, sounds like I should have sent you some soak em towels. I wouldnt worry about the sump filter for a while. Might better get the red spot off your driveway first!

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts