Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a joke from GM. Over the weekend I was going to Indiana to a bombing party for my diesel group. Well I was convoying with a 12 v dodge. He dynoed at 389 back in Oct. All I have is the edge with Att. Well going down I64, we decided to race a little. Side by side we were running 65. I heard him kick it, so I did the same. Well the chevy took off like a rocket. I was on setting 5 by the way. Well you would have thought he had a parachute hooked to him. I was gone.

THEN.................. I hit a wall at 95!!!!!! He then passed me and pulled off like a train with smoke rolling in front of me. THAT STUNK SO BAD!!!!!

He did say that I was clean (no smoke) all thew way to 95, and knew when it happened. He said he even saw the truck stop accelerating! Then just made fun of me and my Chevy. So now!!!!!!

SPEED LIMITER HAS TO GO SOMEHOW!!!!! HELP??????????

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Any of the download type tuners will do it.

Quad is talking about making a box to just remove the speed limiter. Contact him.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I guess you're in the same boat as me and a bunch more of us that have the Edge.

Looks like we need to get a Quad or Predator programmer.

I just hate to spend the extra money on a HP programmer when I already have the Juice. But if you want to play you have to.....

Jesse

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, but from what I am hearing from some is that you have to add the power in order to remove the speed limiter? IS this true?

Hey Quad a speed box please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Bully Dog box you can select Speed Cal/only

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hired gun, you can always unhook the vss sensore from your trans, but of course your speedo isnt going to work.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
White Duramax said:
Hired gun, you can always unhook the vss sensore from your trans, but of course your speedo isnt going to work.
Tranny probably won't shift either.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
White Duramax said:
I thought someone tried it and it worked?

It might work, not 100% sure. I know I tried it on a 98 and didn't shift properly at all. I suscpect if you put a switch in line to shut it off after you shifted into 5th you would be ok.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Once you git rid of that limiter you will love it. 130+ in a D-max is awsome.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
You forgot the "ricer" trick.

When you get in front of an opponent, you flash your brake lights and lift, signaling them that you have spanked them so bad that further racing will prove naught.

Another thing to consider is that in many states, getting bagged for over 100mph can get you free handcuffs. So a 99mph limit might not be too bad. ;)

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I don't have a speed limiter and i only run a tow program. Wonder how much extra you guys will have to pay for that? Wonder if you will have to program it everytime you pull over and shut down to change horsepower settings?

·
Registered
281 Posts
"Another thing to consider is that in many states, getting bagged for over 100mph can get you free handcuffs. So a 99mph limit might not be too bad. ;)"

Its no fun unless its illegal.

Jesse

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys, don't forget the REV limiter (rpm) has to be increased also if you want to go much faster than the speed limiter. They are two different limiters. The quad 110 will do away with the speed limiter and raise the rpm to 3600 with an end result of 118 mph. I think some of the higher programs increase rpm even more. I'm not sure about other brands, but check them out before buying.
Oh yea, thats with itty bitty tires! You will get more top speed with larger ones.Edited by: GPtimes2

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The 6.0L fords will go 140mph with no speed limiter
With that kind of speed, you should be able to coast to the next dealership when it breaks down.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Will raising the rpm's past 3200 damage the Dmax? If the speed limiter was eliminated could the Dmax hold 4 grand for extended periods of time?

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Ive run 115 with h2's and no programmer.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Power Pup------- 117 still pullin on tow setting (40h/p) and didn't calibrate for bigger tires.

Geno

Lookin for a 130 MPH Dually I hope if wind don't hold me back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.