Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Eric, I now have a fresh set of performance injectors installed! Eric made the trip to WI this weekend, and while I was dynoing trucks, he was buttoning my truck up.

Sunday we played:

Edited by: Kennedy

·
Registered
941 Posts
So did you leave him out there in the mud?? At least he is getting closer to Colorado!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I just hope his truck's not under that quad somewhere....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Now dat is some Gumbo mud, righ dere uhuh.

Those injectors sound mighty interesting......

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
John
Looking forward to the details and numbers!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to show that he didn't get stuck all the time:

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
As you can see from the first Pic, Polaris is #1

John told me to bring some old clothes... guess I underestimated that a bit. I think it took 'ol Cliffee longer to clean those quads then it did for me to make the trip back home

Looking forward to June

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
As far as the injectors go.... Very impressive. I wont dispell numbers until John posts them, he has dyno charts. Those of you looking to do an injector upgrade... These are it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
must be the tires

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Injectors did really well. I'll look at posting some stuff later in another thread as I took this one a little off topic. Yeah Eric, I thought that was what you were trying to say (Polaris #1) in the first pic. At least you stayed HALFWAY out of the impassible hole...

Too bad we didn't shoot video of the first burnout that I did after the install. I did n't think the tires would ever hook...

I kept the injectors mild at about 80 lb/ft through the whole curve ending up at about 50HP peak to peak. Much more and you'll get substantial smoke on stock programming...

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Couple 3-4 questions ....

John

Who's injectors??Your own ?? How much for the set ??

Eric

How did the injectors and associated supply lines and connections look compare to Hoots ??

Mac

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
. Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Mackin said:
Couple 3-4 questions ....

John

Who's injectors??Your own ?? How much for the set ??

Eric

How did the injectors and associated supply lines and connections look compare to Hoots ??

Mac
Try to answer for John.... He started with new injectors and had them flow tested and then reworked by a reputable shop. They are the same ones he advertises on his site.

Lines looked typical to what I expect. The no 7 injector line at the rail did have an abnormal amount of rust buildup, but it didnt effect the sealing area. All lines were cleaned thouroghly (sp) before reassemble. Fittings were packed with Di-electric grease to prevent intrusions. In all reality, Hoots lines didnt have to be replaced, but it was done anyways.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll add that where the return line on the driver's side ties down to the head, the bolt was not properly torqued.

The injectors were assembled and tested after modification. While the numbers are not exactly matched, they are quite well grouped and we KNOW what thery do...

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
GOT A FRIEND THAT HAS AN AFTERMARKET SET OF INJECTS AND HES SEEING HIGHER EGT'S AS WELL AS WATER TEMPS. I SUPPOSE THESE WOULD GO HAND IN HAND IF THERE WERE MORE FUEL FLOWING.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
dmaxallitech said:
In all reality, Hoots lines didnt have to be replaced, but it was done anyways.

I will argue... as usual..
that my injector lines, although may have sealed when reinstalled, after scotchbrite and close inspection, were utterly atrocious looking.

Nothing personal Eric but you and I both know those lines were corroded up to and closing in on the sealing surface. I understand GM doesn't replace parts that aren't failing right then and there. I should put one of those corroded line ends in my sig so we can look at it over and over

FROM THIS POST

hoot said:
The scariest part of that TSB is it doesn't address the corroded fuel lines.

They should also be replaced.
dmaxallitech said:
Hoot, your dead on, hopefully the techs will inspect them enough, after seeing yours cut apart, I dont risk it at all.

How would you all like to have this re-installed...
This is all cleaned up. It was caked with flakes of corrosion. This tip goes right into the feed orifice of the injector. When you remove it, all the corrosion flakes fall right into the injector inlet.

BUT..... I never had injector problems all the way up until I let the truck go. Unless that's what the strange knock was. 72,000 miles.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
909 Posts
Interesting that the corrosion is worse on one side of the nipple. The under side looks reasonable.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
hoot, You and me both agreed that they should have been replaced and I am not backing down on that at all.. Of course when the GM rep came in and looked at it ( it caused a red flag from 'excessive parts' used for repair) He politely scolded me for replaceing those lines because I knew better. I simply put him in our shoes.. Told him that this customer drove 700+ miles for this repair, if he is going home and it starts to leak, who is he gonna call? Not gonna call the rep or the dealer, he is gonna call me! He seen it my way in the end and let it go. As scary as it looks, GM finds that acceptable to reuse...

I have found a good way of cleaning any loose deposits from these and can put them togather with out them develping any leaks. Not that that helps in the arguement... But I have confidence in my methods and dont second guess any decision made on Hoot's truck or JK's truck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts