Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Heading down to NJ this weekend. Will be loaded with 500-600 pounds in the bed (snowmobile) and 2 passengers in the cab. Was going to run some tests for MPG if you guys have any other suggestions or ideas comment back!

-- 65 mph with Winter Grill and Bumper covers
-- 85 mph with Winter Grill and Bumper covers
-- 65 mph without Winter Grill and Bumper covers
-- 85 mph without Winter Grill and Bumper covers

Seems like a good setup to get some real numbers on how the Winter Front affect mpg.

Rick :ro)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey guys,Was going to run some tests for MPG if you guys have any other suggestions or ideas comment back!
Use "Cruise-Control" and reset the "Trip-Odometer" at each fuel stop... Hand Calculate each stop, and "Overall"... :grd:

Let us know... and have a Safe trip :exactly:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Use "Cruise-Control" and reset the "Trip-Odometer" at each fuel stop... Hand Calculate each stop, and "Overall"... :grd:

Let us know... and have a Safe trip :exactly:
Each fuel stop?? I can make CT to NJ and back on the 3/4 of a tank. Using your DIC alone in this case won't give you good results. Also - who uses a winter cover in 40-50s temps?? Its been very un-winterlike out here these last couple of days. Of course tomorrow will be an entirely different story.

Also - watch those NY state troopers - they have no sense of humor and will nail you at any speed over 79. good luck!

Just my $.02

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the input guys. i keep my winter front on from Nov to March. Its not hard to take it on and off... i just don't think about it. I've never had an over heating problems and im sure us CT guys can attest it reached the 70's once or twice in January... i still have my cover on.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts