Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drove my first 3500 duelly today. Loved the truck, but still can't make up my mind if I want a Ford or GMC. Then went to the Ford dealership and drove a Ford 350. GMC was a much nicer truck, nicer interior, better gas milage and a 53K truck for 40K. But they only had Torch Red, if they hada had a gray, woulda bought. Ford was also nice, drove more like a truck, a little rougher riding, not as nice interior and much worse milage, 53K truck for 42K. Found out since last post, Ford GVW is 13000 while GM is 11400. Not sure why I can't get the ford out of my system.

enny, minny, mitey, moe....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
were these 09 models? ive been hearing way to many problems with the new 6.4l in the 08 models. hopefully the 09s were fixed but would still be worried about purchasing one...unless u dont mind it being the shop. my honest comparsion between the 2 i would pick the gmc...not only becuase im a big gm fan and have a chevy dually but ive heard very few problems with the new lmms.

another thing to consider about on the gvwr is i know here in texas you have to have a cdl if you gcwr is 26k or more so if you were to tow a trailer with 2 7k axles rated at 14k you would need a cdl with the ford but not with the chevy. the only reason id go with a ford is to get the f-450 but even then id be worried about the motor and the horrible mpg
Well, I do have a CDL, so that's not a issue. I also have a 08 Ford 550, never had a problem, but its a lot of truck and the gas millage on it is even worse than a already bad 350.

After sleeping on it, I will probably go with the 3500 GMC, just wish they had another color besides flame/torch red. But I'll first call a Artic Fox dealer and make sure the truck camper I want to purchase next will fit in a 08 GM long bed.

Thanks for all the good info

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Z71 offroader,
My 06 6.0 was 4.88, wich IMO is too low, so the 08 is 4.30, soo much better. We get 11.5 MPG driving any old way and close to 14 on the highway at 62 to 65 MPH, which I think is excellent.

Overall I think it is a pretty good truck, close to 40K miles and none whatsover problems.

I know this is a GM board, but seriously thinking about going back to Ford. Not that my 06 GMC is not a good truck, but the Ford just feels 'truckyer' to me. FWIW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.