Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas... I just test drove a 04 cc/lb today, wasnt really planin on buyin it but they wanted me to drive it lol. So I did. Ran into a few things I wasnt crazy about some of which I already know the answer a couple I wasnt sure about. The truck was obviously cold when I got in it, so that in mind I putz around long enough for the temp gauge to start pickin up and then got on it. The truck wouldnt accelerate past 71 mph until it was at full operating temp. It was like it was running out of fuel or the computer was holding it back. Is that normal? It was all stock and has 60K on the clock.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
mr._bowtie;1596100; said:
Alright fellas... I just test drove a 04 cc/lb today, wasnt really planin on buyin it but they wanted me to drive it lol. So I did. Ran into a few things I wasnt crazy about some of which I already know the answer a couple I wasnt sure about. The truck was obviously cold when I got in it, so that in mind I putz around long enough for the temp gauge to start pickin up and then got on it. The truck wouldnt accelerate past 71 mph until it was at full operating temp. It was like it was running out of fuel or the computer was holding it back. Is that normal? It was all stock and has 60K on the clock.
How cold was it out? What did it feel like after it warmed up above 70Mph?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its been cold cold... i think it was 17-20 degrees. Once it was at operating temp it felt ok but i didnt take it past 80-85 either.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Thats sounds about right, just cause the engine temp was up doesnt maen the tranny or rear end was warm enough to run great. My truck runs pretty damn good when all temps are good but it is very very sluggish when cold, but i also drive it real easy when its cold.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I didnt put alot into it since it was so cold out and the truck wasnt fully warmed up yet but it seemed odd that it wouldnt run past 70 at all.... But I have no experience with Dmax's It could be a computer controlled thing that just protects the truck.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
The torque converter will not lock up when the tranny is real cold, and that will make the truck feel guttless because the power is not getting to the ground. It, as you stated, is eapecially noticable at the speed you mentioned. You should see what it feels like with a trailer on and trying to hop on the freeway when the tranny is cold and the torque converter won't lock, not fun, but man, once she's locked. . . . . . .

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
i get on the interstate every morning and my edge reads 140 or so. i can go as fast as i want, i just dont get into it hard until its warmed up more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts