Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn here. The LBZ sounds tempting but my 04 LB7 w/ Edge and 45K trouble free miles makes it hard to trade.

The only thing I use the truck to haul is arse. ):h

Plenty of power for a daily driver, etc but with talk of epa changes and all I wonder if a 2006 is in my future?

That 6 speed tranny sounds good too..

Justify? Justify?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
What EPA changes?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hard to argue with troublefree miles...on the otherhand, 45k miles should make it easier to sell and get some good coin for it.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
If you have an '04, it really is too soon to trade, unless money is no problem. I'll keep my '05 as long as I can.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. 04.5 LLY. 12K miles, just breaking in well and running strong. I've treated this truck like I was going to keep it forever in terms of maintenence, and I have it outfitted just right.

I love this truck like a woman...maybe more. :p:

It has been trouble free...

But I've been given a number for my truck against invoice on an ordered '06 replacement (ordered this one 4/04) that makes me want LBZ power and the 6 speed.

I can replace it (option for option) for the same $ a month (or less by $30 same term) with no cash in, as it is right now. (GM card bump and lots of 0% equity) If the incentives get better in a couple of days...it'll look good for the end of March when a new one would land.

What to do?

And what color? :)

another Victory Red?

Graystone, Blue Granite, or Summit White are the other choices for me...

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
EPA is only for the 2007 rigs so get a 2006 so you dont have to do the smog type deal with your truck

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Very simple: If you are happy with your truck (be it a LB7, LLY, Cummins, Ford, Toyota or Goofy (they are made on Pluto), don't have or want to spend the $ for a new truck, and your truck is in good enough condition for you, KEEP IT! If you want the newest features (LBZ, Allison 6 speed or a different color ((pink?))), something in new condition, and don't care about spending the extra $ and don't have to worry about that, then buy a new one of your choice. If you just need a little local transportation, get a burro or a bike. Do what YOU want to do. None of us really NEED these things. Needs are food, shelter, toilet paper, etc. That is one thing that is really great about this country - FREEDOM OF CHOICE - everyone has it, but what is important is what you do with it at various points in your life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts