Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, because I never have owned a diesel before. I recently bought a 91 Blazer with a 6.2L The coolant temperature gauge isn't working. I installed a new switch for the gauge (plugs into the head), as well as the engine coolant temperature sensor going to the computer (later learned this has nothing to do with the gauge) The switch wire is dark green , I assume it goes straight to the gauge. If you ground the dark green wire, the needle in the gauge will bob around, so I assume the gauge itself works. I bought a new gauge at the parts store (aftermarket model 'x') , but I'd rather not mess with it if I can get the stock one to work. The stock gauge is electrical and the aftermarket one is mechanical.

I have read a lot of good stuff on this forum and hope y'all can help me out. Looking forward to many miles on this truck. Hopefuly not to many hours in the garage. I really want to know how hot it's running though, because for right now it needs to be daily driver for my wife, and she drives 3 hours round trip each day. I know the radiator is in serious need of a flow test and it probably needs to be rodded out. Gotta be able to make sure it's not overheating.

Thanks,

Patrick.. eastern north carolina

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I fixed the problem.. 50 bucks later, it was just an old thermostat that was stuck open, so the thing was actually just not heating up over 100 degrees so I thought the gauge didn't work which in all actuality it was just running very cold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts