Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is 2-1/2 years old and is starting to show signs of use.

The back corner plastic frame broke on both sides but is still hanging on.

The front frame corners both broke one day while running 70 mph. Almost lost the cover. I had to install splice plates.

Couple pics....

·
Registered
644 Posts
The splice plates are a good idea, but the cover is covered(no pun intended) under warranty. I had one front corner break, and dealer ordered a pair of corners, also had some of the stitching coming out, dealer sent it to a local stitch shop to be restitched, no problems since. I really like the clean lines that this cover provides, and no black streaks running down the sides of my bed from the snaps(since there are none)

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also like the look of the cover and the way it works. Mine didn't start going until warranty was up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can I interest you in another ? Mine only has a month worth of use on it, basically brand new. Mine needs splice plates.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take it stretch. Send me a PM. I work in Joisy

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I have a Pace Edwards Roll Top. Everything works good. It is a pain in the but to keep up. The aluminum slats are oxidizing. Every time I roll it up for a couple days and unroll it there are grey lines all the way across and half the length. This one is only two years old and has been parked inside every night. After several attempts to contact Pace Edwards some one finally answered my e-mail. They were no help. The slats should have been anodized or urethane coated. Later! Frank

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Frank check out Retrax for your next cover. I went through quite a few covers including pace edwards (one of the worst by the way) before i found retrax. Now I have no need to go anywhere else. It rolls on bearings instead of aluminum on aluminum. It also doesn't roll on itself so it doesn't wear itself. You can roll and unroll with one finger and lock in ANY position. Not just the 1 or 2 places like the pace. www.rolltopcover.com They are a top notch outfit to deal with as well. They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Nice looking cover. I'll check back before I buy another to see how your is holding up. I am going to take mine off this winter to see if I can coat the slats with urethane or something. It takes a lot of rubbing to clean it. Later! Frank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts