Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating an exhaust brake, leaning towards Banks. Can they help with torque down low? Is the install complicated? I wouldn't mind it being loud, but what kind of noise does one like the Banks make? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Exhaust brake won't help w/ torque. Utilized to help slow vehicle w/o using service brakes. UNsure of noise level on Banks, but true exhaust brakes do create some noise. L8R

·
Registered
39 Posts
<DIV>An Exhaust Brake makes very little additional exhaust noise. The loud engine brake on the big trucks are a mechanical addition to the valve train of the engine to harness the engine power by making an air compressor out of it. Bad if they are straight piped.
</DIV>
<DIV>There is no addition to power or torque just helps coming off the big hills without using your brakes up. I pull a 12.5K 5er and very seldom have to use brakes crossing the west on I-90.</DIV>
<DIV>The only problem may be warranty if your service Mgr is pea brained. I visited with mine before I installed and was told it didn't make any difference to him. Easy to install. Banks stuff fits!!
</DIV>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts