Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's a good place to purchase a Prodigy?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was checking them out. Are they any good? I need one for my 27ft Prowler,, and the one I had in the other truck was something the camper dealer installed, and I wasn't very happy with it. So I was looking for a better unit.

Ed

·
Registered
772 Posts
The Prodigy is an excellent controller and installation could not be easier. It offers plug-and-play proportional braking and operates seamlessly. The only viable alternative to the Prodigy that I am aware of is the Jordan controller, which is similarly priced. It provides true proportional braking with the voltage signal being controlled by a cable attached to the brake pedal arm. The farther you push the pedal the more voltage is sent to the trailer brakes. In the best Hatfields and McCoys tradition, owners have chosen up sides on which is best and regularly fire volleys at each other when an opportunity presents itself. Sort of like our pre-OEM or post-OEM fuel filter debates. I think it is safe to say that both controllers work very well and you won't regret buying either one. I have the Prodigy.

TC

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tsckey nailed it. I have the TEKONSHA PRODIGY and love it, set it and forget it.

Cheers

Bear

·
Registered
812 Posts
Bought my Prodigy during a sale at Camping World for 125.00. Very easy to install. Beats the old style inertia and jerk controllers.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i bought 2 off ebay for <100$ each... at the time there was a guy selling one every day..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys.....I ended up buying it from RVWholesalers.com for $98.99

·
Registered
403 Posts
great controller, you're gonna love it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yup, I bought mine from RVWholesalers.com as well and I love it. Makes it alot nicer pulling my 27' fiver. No jerky braking, etc. anymore.

Curtis

·
Registered
21 Posts
jgriffin187,

I agree with BamaFan (we even beat them a couple of weekends ago) with rjays. I purchased mine from there. The best place I found to install it was right of the steering column on the angled piece of plastic.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Razorbackfan said:
jgriffin187,

I agree with BamaFan (we even beat them a couple of weekends ago) with rjays. I purchased mine from there. The best place I found to install it was right of the steering column on the angled piece of plastic.

You just can't let it go, can you Steve....Always gotta bring up the past !!! LOL !!!
Edited by: BamaFan

·
Registered
328 Posts
By Far the BEST controler I have ever had.

Also the BEST towing purchase I have made since my 2003 3500 D/A C.C. Dually

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought mine from Camping World for $129.00 (-10%) over a year ago. I originally installed the unit in my 01' Yukon Denali and removed it to install in my new 04' GMC D/A CC SB. The connection is plug an play and I installed it into the metal brace at the bottom of the knee panel (right side). I agree, Prodigy is far better that the inertia type and makes managing the trailer in tow much easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts