Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I change the image size of pics?? I have lots to post on diffent things but They wont upload, file to big!! HELP!!!

Eric

·
Registered
473 Posts
Eric,

There are quite a few photo editing programs that will let you resize you pictures. I use Paint Shop Pro 6.2 and it is user frendly. I also have the program that came with my digital Camera came with CAMEDIA Master 2.5. It is easy to resize your pictures. If you make them around 600 X ??? it will make it so people like me do not have to scroll across the screen to see the whole picture. I like the 800 X 600 screen so I can see things without putting my reading glasses on.

Hope this helps you

BIGMoeEdited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Kodak camera and whatever software is in my computer. I was messing around with this all day and no luck.....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
You can go to download.com and search for "easy thumbnails". that is a simple program that is used to re-size pictures. i use it to resize pictures when i want something quick. .works great. can even do a whole batch of picturs at once..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Eric, what I do is take my raw digital camera pictures and reduce them down to 500 X 375, which fit on a web page nicely. I use Paint Shop Pro 3.11, an old version, because it is so easy to use. THEN after I reduce the physical size, I user anothe program called "JPEG Optimizer". This program reduces the file size down to just about anything I want. The more you reduce the file size, the more the image quality degrades.

The picture below, was originally 415 KB, after it was reduced to 500 X 375, it's current size, it was 258 KB, now after running through Optimizer, it is only 31.7 KB.

You should be able to find the program at download.com.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Eric,

Another option is to use Microsoft Photo Editor which comes with Windows. Just open the picture file (jpg), click on the "image" pull down and select resize. You can also crop the picture first before resizing to adjust what you want to show.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm wih JPBLOCK, for quick and dirty re-sizes use microsfot photo editor, you should have it on you computer already??

I use photoshop for pics i need to re-size that i want very good quality on also or for more in dpth picture work, but photoeditor is a lot more user friendly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts