Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys;

It's Sunday night and as it looks now I'll be at the dealer in the morning. The problem is my other truck, an 02 Avalanche has developed the shakes.

It has a shudder or vibration when you turn the wheel, but only when it's in gear. In Park you can spin the wheel from full left to full right and no vibration.

I know this is not a diesel question, but I'd really appreciate some help. This is the first thing I've ever run upon like this and I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance. Doug

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Do you have a hydraulic booster? If you do, it might be a pump problem that shows up only when your foot is on the brake. I can't think of a reason how being in park or drive would effect the steering.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GMCSID said:
Do you have a hydraulic booster? If you do, it might be a pump problem that shows up only when your foot is on the brake. I can't think of a reason how being in park or drive would effect the steering.

Thats what I mean, it's confusing. But, it only does it in drive while turning. It does it with the foot on and off the brake. It feels like a pump pulsing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just for your information; It was a Four Wheel Drive Problem!

The wife had the "auto 4 wheel" engaged! It was apparently surging trying to engage/disengage and that was the source of the shaking.

Thanks for the help.

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts