·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the tech-2 what does it do, how much, were can i buy one

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Tech-2 is the scan tool we use in the dealer,its full function allows many operations and is a must when servicing late model vehicles. Prices for new start at 2500.00 and go up.. used ones can be had but may require extensive updates/updated pcmcia card at 450.00.

I can get them is somebody is interested

Eric

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You can get them for $2500? I have been looking for a good deal on one for a while now and I can't find one anywhere near $2500.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Just checked your link.. wowsers.. All that money and it has the outdated pcmcia card, it comes with a 10mb card and its obsolete.. the new one is 32mb and its about 450 bucks, I put on in mine about a year ago.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i saw one on ebay for 1500 w/ the old card..

Eric, are the cards the only thing that can be out of date on one? could you just copy the data from one PCMCIA card to another? Probably not that easy :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
are the cards the only thing that can be out of date on one? could you just copy the data from one PCMCIA card to another? Probably not that easy :)

Nick,

Yes, the cards and software go out of date but not the T2. Well, that is until the Tech 3 debuts. The T2 has 2 PCMCIA cards. We need the 32 MB card for our trucks. We upload software from GM to keep the cards current. I have a spare 32MB card with the latest software, 20.005 if anyone needs it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
can I remove my speed limiter with Tech-2?????????????????

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
DIESEL 5 said:
can I remove my speed limiter with Tech-2?????????????????

Nope!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The Tech 2 flash is different from the GM Tech 2 even though they look the same. The Flash cannot be updated by GM Techline. I can't find any links to the proper Tech 2 but is is listed in the GM tools flyer that gets sent to dealers. If you want a real Tech 2 you would have to by one from Eric's source and if you live close to him, or if you know someone at another dealer, maybe they can update it for you.

This is a quote from Techline Customer Support,

"Techline Customer Support Center only supports/approves the use of a TECH2.
Our software (TIS2000) requires the use of a TECH2 with a 32MB card.

The TECH2 Flash is for aftermarket use with aftermarket software for non-gm dealers and does not allow you to use the real GM Tis2000 software the same way a TECH2 does.

Therefore, all GM Dealers are required to use a TECH2 with a 32MB card which can be purchased from GM DEALER EQUIPTMENT = 1800.GM.TOOLS PROMPT 1."
Edited by: GMCSID

·
Registered
369 Posts
What about buying autotap instead, from what i hear it has a ton of the functionality but at a lot less cost, i guess you can read codes, clear codes and change a bunch of stuff in the ECM with it???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts