Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning, the TDP Junta is on it's way to CT to run in the dyno event on Saturday and teach the CT contingent a few things about hp!

I got a phone call that sdaver and Steveo are on their way to pick up Big Dipper and they're bringing 2 trucks and a few boxes.

Should be a great weekend... Hootie, you gonna run the Cavalier, or is that thing still stock?

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, I got a phone call from Sdaver.

The important news everyone's been waiting for....

Hootie is much better looking in person. That pic of him floating around isn't a very good one.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OK, Ok, seriously.

Sdaver called and said he had a great time, everyone was wonderful to meet in person. He passed on a lot of info, so forgive me if I garble up some of it.

He said that the first dyno was a little conservative, stock trucks were putting down 235hp to 236hp or so. On that dyno, David did several runs, including around 484 or 489hp. This was with Comp Juice and Quad 215. The Quad 215 alone puts out every bit of 210-215hp or more. I've heard from other sources that the Comp Juice puts out about 180hp give or take. Stacked, they apparently make about 250- 255hp.

Then on the 3rd or 4th run, a small jolt of static electricity jumped out and bit the operator, so the run got messed up. The next run after that, a larger jolt hit the equipment and blew a bunch of fuses. The owner replaced fuses and worked on it for 2 hrs but no luck.

I knew they should have let David run last!

So they all went over to Jannety Racing and ran on their dyno. This is a dynojet, but runs very conservatively. Someone had a very hot Van Aaken box which made around 250hp by itself. David made around 479hp on this dyno on #2 alone and a highest of 501.6hp with Comp Juice, Quad 215 and propane. Mackin dyno'd just a few hp less on all of the same boxes, they were swapping boxes back and forth and Mac did a large number of runs, trying to troubleshoot his propane rig.

Anyways, the highest number I heard was 501.6hp from Sdaver and highest on #2 alone was about 489hp also from Sdaver, if you count the higher #s off the earlier dyno. The numbers were pretty consistent from truck to truck, taking into account SRW vs DRW, tires sizes, etc.

Hoot and a number of other people were there, and they took a ton of pics and video. I'll let them tell the official version. If I scrambled anything up, I apologize in advance!

R, Steve

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So how about a blow by blow account?

Who ran which box, how much did each one make?

How much lower was DRW vs SRW?

What baseline did the trucks dyno on the first one?

What baseline did they run on the second one?

Any tire slip? Any tranny slip?

Let's hear it guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.