Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any more info on the TCM tuning? possible/not possible?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
We've only done initial develpment, DSP² is taking up all our time.
No real word yet, apart from Allison certainly went their own way with all this!.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
241 Posts
i think that if the tcm can be hacked there wont be a need for trans kits. if you could get the pressures up all the time and make it shift like it should that would kick a$$

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
i think that if the tcm can be hacked there wont be a need for trans kits. if you could get the pressures up all the time and make it shift like it should that would kick a$$
The TCM only can command so much if the mechanicals of the trans are limited like they are.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Base TQ tables and TQ Limited Injection Quantity tables can make a very nice change in a tune if tweaked properly.

The TCM controls the shift apply and release of the clutches, the TCM will call for a defuel for the shifts and the ECM will reduce the fuel for the shift.

The how much and when can be manipulated and it makes a big difference.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
241 Posts
coming soon- suncoast or ats. after all the reading on this forum i still dont know which one to get!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
TCM upgrads will mainly help with shift timing, that will help with the life of your clutchs and ET's at the strip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts