Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had SES light come on so i went to auto zone and had it scanned for troubled code and 0743 came up for the torque convertor circuit electric.Could this be the selonoid, or could this be something else, if its the selonoid how hard is it to fix and does anyone have directions on how to do it.
Second the code 0700 for trans control system malfunction came up whats that for?

·
Registered
892 Posts
The P0700 code is just a request to turn on the SES light for a trans code.

The P0743 code could be for the solenoid or the wiring itself. I'd check the connector at the transmission and the TCM and make sure they're both good and the pins aren't bent or corroded. If that all looks good inspect the wiring and make sure it's not damaged or pinched anywhere. Changing the solenoid out could be a chore. If it's under warranty I'd let a dealer do it. If not, you might want to check if there's a Detroit Diesel-Allison distributor around. They can get you the solenoid and do the work.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Sorry to leave you hanging. At the transmission connector pin S is the high side, pin J is the low side. At the transmission module up in the engine compartment in the red connector: J2-32 is the high side and J2-29 is the low side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts