Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a conversation with the service manager today from the dealer where i normally go and was asking him about thw mods i plan on getting and if he would have a problim warentying my truck he was ok with the exhaust and tuner(odd) but when i said intake he went on a 10min rant about how the oil from the filter gets up in there and causes "driveabillity problems" i for one have never heard of that was there some truth to that or not

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Yes oil from the filter can get on the MAF sensor and cause problems. Best bet is go with a filter that doesn't use oil or plan on cleaning it off a few times after you clean the filter.

Better yet stay stock and you will save $$ since you won't see any improvement with an aftermarket intake anyway.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Better yet stay stock and you will save $$ since you won't see any improvement with an aftermarket intake anyway.
I was going to buy the AFE 2 but if its not going to do anything i can live without it, and it will save a good chunk of cash thanks

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
AEM or another company make a dry filteer that is clenable and filter really good might be AEM or it might not cant think of it right know but you could get what ever system you would like and then just put one of the dry filter on it

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well not to try and drag this one out but... I have to ask if the intake systems dont show any improvement why are so many people puting them on there trucks?

·
Registered
272 Posts
GM actually has a bulletin that states that if there is an aftermarket air filter that is an oil type and there are drivability problems and the codes are related to the MAF then it "WILL NOT BE A WARRANTABLE CONCERN" and will be customer pay!!! Ask him for a copy. if he won't give it to you contact me and I will email it to you. I think it is BS but people do over oil the hell out of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.