Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the directions that Briano had posted im stuck at the tranny bracket can not get any tools in to take off the bracket that hold the cat to the tranny is there any outher way to take it off i have done a search but can not find any thing can some one give me any more advice to night thanks alot.

·
Registered
752 Posts
cat

When I took the cat off my 06 last week I didn't take the bracket off of the tranny, I took the band clamp off holdning the front pipe to the exhaust, took the clamp off by the turbo, jacked the truck up by the frame and it slid out of the hanger after I played with it for a while.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok ill give that a shot the bolt that im stuck on is the one by the cross member behind the tranny ill go back out and try that thanks for the info so fast!

·
Registered
752 Posts
No problem

I cut the cat out and clamped a pice of pipe in it's place till I get my exhaust. Are you putting a new front pipe in or are you making one?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cut the cat out and clamped a pice of pipe in it's place till I get my exhaust. Are you putting a new front pipe in or are you making one?

Yeah ups just droped off my new 4" mbrp front pipe. i dont want to cut the cat out just in case i have to put it back in did you have any problem with the back flang the top right bolt i have broke a socket tryin to get it out LOL i thought ever one said takein the cat off is easy

·
Registered
752 Posts
No problem

I didn't have any problems with that bolt, but my truck is only a couple months old so everything is still fairly easy to get off. I had to twist and trun and fight with it abit but it finally came out and I really had to pull on it to get it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.