Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... call me old if you will but I don't like hopping onto my knees to get into the bed of my 3500...

I am looking for something easy, sturdy for me, and that my kids can use to retrieve groceries, adult beverages, etc :p:...

(I am looking for a step to get into the bed when the tailgate is down, not a bed-step.)

What do you guy's have that work well and are sturdy ??

DEBO, Truck-Pal ?????????

·
Registered
314 Posts
Amp Research Bed Step. Its not eletric like their power step, but you can have the tailgate down and use it :)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
x2

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Will that work with an aftermarket rear bumper, like a Ranch Hand??

·
Registered
314 Posts
No idea. i only saw it on their web sight

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
X3 for the AMP step. It took me awhile to part with the money for it, but after I used it for the first time I'm glad it got it and wished that I haden't waited so long. Give AMP Research a call and ask about it fitting with the ranch hand bumper. I'm guessing that it will.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I built my own for my work truck.... I cut a piece of 1/2" plate and bolted it onto a drop hitch then painted it with duplicolor's bed liner.... pic in garage

·
Registered
483 Posts
X2..... Best investment that I made, powder coated AND made in the USA. Makes it easy to get my 275 lb @ss in and out of the bed of my dually. Bolts right up. Check out J.C. Whitney...that's where I got mine with FREE shipping.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have a plastic milk type box with plywood bolted on and a course fabric mud flap on top that way I can use it to get in the back and or check under the hood. Works for me. If you put on a strap to it and a small shackle or a quick link to the tie-down in the box, you don't have it slide out of reach.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just use a 5 gallon bucket turned upside down as a step. I have a Leer topper, so no problem with losing the bucket. The bucket gets used for other uses, too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
x 4 on the Amp bed step. I think it took all of 10 minutes to put it on, and that was with the wife nagging me to get ready to go to dinner. I'm not familiar with the Debo step, but it would be hard to get me to trade my Amp bed step for anything. I'm 6'5" 255lbs, and it's plenty sturdy for me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Here is a thread I started after I installed my AMP Bed Step w/pics.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210986

It reinstall perfectly when I installed my Buckstop rear bumper with no adjustments required but then the new LMM Buckstop rear bumper closely follows the lines of the OEM rear. I can't say how it would work with a Ranchhand rear but it mounts to the two bolts that held the OEM on the drivers side. I did have to use two longer bolts because of the thickness of the metal on the Buckstop.

TB

P.S. I love the step!

·
Registered
367 Posts
where is the best place to buy this step? thanks
I don't know about the best place but I bought mine at 4-Wheel Parts.
I emailed AMP and they sent me a list of distrubutors.

TB

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure it's great and all but the AMP step is just too expensive for me. I am not cheap but jeesh, 250+ bucks for a step :eek:.. ...and the 5-gal bucket is just a lil' too cheap :p:..

I found the DEBO for 129 shipped. The guy I've been dealing with is checking into prices for me for the DEBO and Westin's Step-Pal ??, he said he may be able to get one for me to check out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.