Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running either of these products?

I need to load with a forklift alot. What is the easiest net to remove.

And when I'm running a tailgate, I'd like to lock it. (Why doesn't a $50k truck have a locking tailgate????)

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it was a FORD it would have a tail gate lock just shows you how gm cuts corners

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I almost bought a Ford instead. But after hearing a few hundred horror stories about the new 6.0 Diesel, I changed my mind.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
McRat,

You sure made a good choice. Them Furds gots big problems.

Do you have any update on lowering/extends those factory step bars yet?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running late on a few projects. I should have that put together very soon though. I took all the measurements, made a BP, I just need to buy some aluminum stock and throw it on my mill.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your right i have heard a few problems about the 6.0 that is why i have a trusty 7.3

·
Registered
408 Posts
Deadeye said:
McRat;

Bully (Not Bully Dog) makes a tailgate lock. I have one I obtained at Auto Zone. Less than $30, IIRC.

The Only Thing I Don't Like About Those Lock Is The Bezel Is Only Snaped In, VERY Easy To Pop Off And Unlock The Tail Gate By Bending The Thin Metal Out Of The Way, And Presto One Tail Gate For The Taking...........Any Comments?

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a electric locking one from JC Whitney. It's supposed to lock when you lock the doors.

I'll do a report on it when I install it.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
McRat said:
I ordered a electric locking one from JC Whitney. It's supposed to lock when you lock the doors.

I'll do a report on it when I install it.

Suggest you set it up like an 'electric fence' !!
Then it will work for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts