Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Pace-Edwards rolltop tonneau cover and was trying to figure a way to lock the tailgate. The tonneau has a key lock but if the tailgate isn't locked it defeats the effectiveness of locking the tonneau.

I saw a Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock on the Pace-Edwards website, was wondering if any of you have had any experience with it or a comparable lock?

Is it a piece of $hit or is it as good as any such lock?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I installed a Pace-Edwards rolltop tonneau cover and was trying to figure a way to lock the tailgate. The tonneau has a key lock but if the tailgate isn't locked it defeats the effectiveness of locking the tonneau.

I saw a Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock on the Pace-Edwards website, was wondering if any of you have had any experience with it or a comparable lock?

Is it a piece of $hit or is it as good as any such lock?
I have one on my truck, no problems with it. They are easy to install.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
towdog,

Does installation require disassembly of the latch or does it go on from the outside?

·
Registered
85 Posts
No disassembly of the latch. All you have to do to install one is remove the bottom bolt on the back side of the tailgate (the part inside the truck bed), slide the lock into place, and run in a new longer bolt in place of the original one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put a Bully tailgate lock on Saturday It was so simple it works great. got it from www.hubcapsplus.com free shipping

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same on mine the Pace Edwards cover and the tailgate lock everything works great, my only complaint is that I get alittle water in along the back of the tailgate in a hard rain.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I just ordered one. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
there is a tailgate seal kit to keep water out. I have found on web at AZTRUCKS.com chucker

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Same, Pace Edwards and Pop-n-Lock. Works great, no problems here!

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
Why not just put in one of those screen door lachts on the iside of yer tail gate?

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
tailgate lock

how much are the pop and locks from pace edwards? the website does not state a price.

thanks

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I have the same on mine the Pace Edwards cover and the tailgate lock everything works great, my only complaint is that I get alittle water in along the back of the tailgate in a hard rain.
I had a roll up cover , not a PE though can't remember the name. The concept is good but it leaked like a Sieve . I have the undercover for that reason no leaks

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
The same type tailgate lock (if not THE same) came with my peragon cover. Easy install and no problems.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how much are the pop and locks from pace edwards? the website does not state a price.

thanks
Pace-Edwards sells predominantly wholesale but if you press them they''l ship at list price plus shipping. You have to call them, they prefer you work through one of their dealers.

I ordered one from an Ebay merchant for $25 plus shipping.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought I read (or heard) someplace about an automatic lock that goes inside your tailgate and works off the remote door lock on the key flob. This would be a whole lot easier to use than a pop lock IMO. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"....automatic lock that goes inside your tailgate and works off the remote door lock on the key flob. "
I saw those too.

Actually, I'll have to lock the tonneau with a key anyway so a tailgate lock actuated by the key fob wouldn't help me a whole lot at that end of the truck.

I don't plan to lock it much, just when I have tools or something easily swiped and I'm in a suspicious area.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I saw those too.

Actually, I'll have to lock the tonneau with a key anyway so a tailgate lock actuated by the key fob wouldn't help me a whole lot at that end of the truck.

I don't plan to lock it much, just when I have tools or something easily swiped and I'm in a suspicious area.
how many keys you gonna need? go electric.... locks with your doors:ro)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Where did you guys see the electric lock that works with the keyless entry? I could handle one of those.:ro) I don't understand why they don't just make'em thatway from the factory

1 - 20 of 22 Posts