Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the new part numbers for the tailgate cables. my dealer changed mine the other day and i am not sure if they are the old ones or the new ones.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I got a letter the other day explaining the situation and saying I will be getting a recall notice and they are working on getting parts made.

It also said if I had a bad one that the dealer would replace them with current stock and they would have to be replaced when the stainless ones come in.

·
Registered
233 Posts
hoot said:
I got a letter the other day explaining the situation and saying I will be getting a recall notice and they are working on getting parts made.

It also said if I had a bad one that the dealer would replace them with current stock and they would have to be replaced when the stainless ones come in.

Will those cables fit on your Dodge

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tha part numbers they put on are 88980509 and 88980510 which are different than the ones hoot posted a while ago!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Dura_Mike said:
hoot said:

Will those cables fit on your Dodge
No actually I checked the VR straps to see if they would fit. They're about 5" too short. Apparently Dodge mounts the straps farther out on the tailgate. Less leverage on the straps, think about it.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging about this truck but the tailgate feels like it weighs significantly more than my GMC's did.
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
233 Posts
There is no doubt that Dodge does build a great product
. If only they could make an interior with creature comforts as good as the General...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts