Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever tried any led replacement bulbs or anything besides stock? Didn't know if it would be worth it since mine burned out!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
on my 03 1500 i bought some but didnt know they were red and you need white ones since the lense is red, they werent bright enough but cool looking, think some white ones would have been bright enough, lucky they were only walmart specials so i didnt lose much $$.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
There are several benefits to going with LED's such as almost no amp draw on the electrical system, the bulb's will probably out live the truck and they should be brighter than stock.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know where you can order them from?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
ledtronics.com a bit pricey but you get what you pay for imo :D

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
You need to get the "tower" style bulbs in RED. These bulbs have LEDs on the side of the bulb as well as facing the rear. The side LEDs shine into the reflector of the lamp assembly and give it a real bright effect. Z71offroader probably had the LEDs that only shined to the rear and did not light up the reflector. These will not look very bright.

If the lens is red, the LED MUST be red. Otherwise, it will look washed out.

You can also try http://www.superlumination.com

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
STPETEBLUE;1558158; said:
You need to get the "tower" style bulbs in RED. These bulbs have LEDs on the side of the bulb as well as facing the rear. The side LEDs shine into the reflector of the lamp assembly and give it a real bright effect. Z71offroader probably had the LEDs that only shined to the rear and did not light up the reflector. These will not look very bright.

If the lens is red, the LED MUST be red. Otherwise, it will look washed out.

You can also try http://www.superlumination.com
The 18 LED 3157 is the ones that I have, and they are nice and bright...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Are you using resistors in the turn signals? Didn't you post pics of them at one time?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
STPETEBLUE;1563578; said:
Are you using resistors in the turn signals? Didn't you post pics of them at one time?
No, no. They seem to flash at normal speed on the dash indicator, they look fast outside because they flash quicker. Hey STPETEBLUE, it is cold up here, 25*F outside at 7:58 PM. Have my sweatshirt on right now. Don"t need no smart answers right now.:p: See ya...The bulbs I got are from www.autodirectsave.com, 18 LED 3157's RED.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts