Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help...

I bought a set of Tahoe summit white door handles from ebay... The install went pretty good but the rear handles do not fit exactly flat against the door metal... There is a very small 1/16 or less gap... (p/n's they shipped me for rear are: 15015977 and 15015978)

Should I be worried about water or moisture??

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
hmmmm the Tahoe door handles should fit fine...I am 99% sure that the rear door handles arent different than Suburban door handles, even tho the door is shaped differently on a Tahoe. Iput Escalade handles on my crew cab, and they fit fine. The Escalade handles should be the same as Tahoe handles...whats preventing the tahoe handles from sitting flush against the door? Do you have a picture of it?

--ben

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ben,

The studs all fit perfectly... It seems like the outer handle shape is slightly different...

Having trouble uploading.... so uploaded to my garage...

The first shot is of the front door.... the other tow are back door.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
hmmm jeez thats kinda wierd...sorry I dont know what to tell you... perhaps someone else has experience with using Tahoe door handles..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
pics are definltey needed

·
Registered
24 Posts
I installed color matched Tahoe door handles on my crew cab, and had the same issue. I thought it was just the Tahoe handles creating the problem, so I re-installed the factory handles to see how they fit. The stock handles fit the same way... they would not sit all the way down into the recessed area of the door. I just never noticed it before because they were black. Once I put the color matched handles on, I could see the gap without looking to hard. I wouldn't worry to much about moisture getting in the door. I think it will be fairly minimal and there are drain holes at the bottom up the doors to allow water to escape.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
pics are definltey needed
I figured it out...

This is the front passenger side. the other two are passenger rear...

I know... very hard to see...

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed color matched Tahoe door handles on my crew cab, and had the same issue. I thought it was just the Tahoe handles creating the problem, so I re-installed the factory handles to see how they fit. The stock handles fit the same way... they would not sit all the way down into the recessed area of the door. I just never noticed it before because they were black. Once I put the color matched handles on, I could see the gap without looking to hard. I wouldn't worry to much about moisture getting in the door. I think it will be fairly minimal and there are drain holes at the bottom up the doors to allow water to escape.
Miles,

Thanks... I did not try and put the stock ones back on.. (but I will next weekend) and take a look a the fit.

How long have yours been on and did you notice any "more than usual" condensation on the interior of the vehicle?

·
Registered
843 Posts
My escalade handles are the same. I noticed this when I installed them. I did not remember the escalade handles being this way on my '02. I bet it is just the way they are. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had my handles on for about six months now and have not noticed any condensation. I'll think you will be fine... this seems to be very common.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts