Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight the roads were snowy so I put Edge on 2 and got stuck behind some guy doing about 35 mph for about 10mi.I backed down edge while driving.When I took my eyes off the road finally,the tach was pegged at about 4800 rpm.Truck was running fine,same as usual.tach wouldnt move up but when I let off throttle and rpms dropped,the tach went down to about 4200 rpm.Finally was able to pull over and turn off the switch.The tach stayed pegged until I tried to restart the truck. Then it dropped about 200rpms.I turned the truck off then turned back on about 6or7 times until it was back to normal.It ran fine all the way home and was working fine when I shut er down.Edge back on 3 and running fine.Now the strange part,the last two times I started my truck, one of the map lights was on.Different one both times.Any ideas anyone???

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone???

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Map lights on? That is really weird since they are strictly controlled through the switches. Only both can come on at the same time through the BCM because they are connected to the same wire. Are you sure?

As for the tach, I've seen them do that once in a while for some reason. I wouldn't worry about it unless it does it again. Sounds like a problem with the instrument cluster itself.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seperate map lights,seperate on off buttons

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Different one on,two different times

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I know, Let me try to explain better.

There are 2 different sources to turn them on. There is one wire coming from the BCM that can turn them both on (it can't turn on or the other on) and then there is the switches that can turn one or the other on. Because these switches are manual, I can't see how it can turn one on then off then the other one on. Hopefully that makes sense? So I have no idea why it would happen. Well I do have a theory but I would need to think it through and it would take quite a bit of typing to explain. If my theory is correct it is definately nothing to worry about.

It also would not be related to your tach problem.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought maybe I may have left it on by accident,but twice?I didnt even drink today..

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Maybe you better start! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts