Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the dealer fix non-powertrain related TSB's at their cost if your vehicle is over 36k miles? Just purchased an 01 with 44k and was wondering on some issues.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
225 Posts
What about other TSB's?

I complained to my dealership about the steering fix. He wouldn't install it. Neither would dealership #2. Now I'm off warrantee and I think the truck really needs it now.

--Rob

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you complained about it twice while it was under factory warranty, then you may be able to plead your case to the service manager and they might "goodwill" it. You can also call up and ***** at the GM customer service 800# and they can put a little pressure on your local service manager to handle the problem.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I've had TSB work done out of warranty for free. Depends on the dealer. I know the safety ones are always done out of warranty...

Example...

Early C/K trucks still today they will replace the original ball joints and brake rotors.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
duramaxdiesel said:
Since I bought my truck used, you think they'll fix the cold air problem I'm having on the passenger side? It's real bad.
If your feeling adventerous (sp*) you could do it yourself and save some money. Not terribly hard to do, but its scary cuttin open a truck at the seams

1 - 7 of 7 Posts