Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

I have developed a problem with my tranny and it seems to be happening more frequently. In 5th only, the truck will be going steady at around 55 and it will seem like it hopes out of gear and back in real sharp. No change in rpms at all. According to the gauge. It seems to do it more when the tranny is around 110 to 130... I am running juice 4.61, 265's, and im mostly in level 1 or 2 since this started, and it keeps goin.

On anouther note. I only have the juice (not hot). with only that, am I in anyway tearing up the tranny. I have read in a few places that you can add 90 hp and it wont hurt anything.... I most run around in level 2.....

Thank you.

B

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
In Tow Haul ??

If it goes limp it wont jump back in .... If it zings unless you pop it up into neutral normaly it wont come back either .... Very doubtfull with the 90 your experiencing the above .....

Sounds like it's hunting , have your tap cells reset at the dealer .... Sounds like it's a TCM (lazy learn) issue to me ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mac,

Its only in 5th, never happened when I have been really getting into it... Just seems to do it when im just following traffic... Never done it in tow/haulass mode..... Could be hunting for gears.... but it must be lookin for the mysterious sixth gear.... It sucks....

Help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts