Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been run through many times, but I want to run it through a bit more.
Hopefully it won't get hijacked by somebody that doesntevenownatruck.;)
My truck has 28,000 on it now and the front has settled some from the initial 5 rounds up on the T-bars to clear the 285s. I've got an appointment with my tire & alignment guy this Friday because I want to reset it after raising it some more, not to mention all the miles. I currently have excellent wear patterns on the 285/75 16 BFG AT KOs on stock alloys thanks somewhat to 10k rotations I'm sure.
Right now I'm at 39.5" LF (at +8 rounds) and 39.375" RF (at +6 rounds). Rears are at 40.375" empty except for about 350 lbs of tool in the crossover box.
Here's what I plan:
Go up 1 more on LF and whatever I need to do on RF to get level.
Tire guy says I'll need green keys because he's finding that alignment specs won't come in with seriously cranked stockers. I disagreed with him but didn't argue the point.
For shocks I'm putting 11/16" spacers on the tops because I have some and it looks like there is just enough thread for them. If I don't like those I'll go to 5/8 or 1/2. Later I'll get some of those hard to find 2" over Bilsteins.
I do not want to spend a bundle of money on a lift kit, so thought I could do just fine with this plan. If the tire guy is right about the keys, we'll put them in.
Yes I know about the extra stresses on the other front end components that this type of lift creates, but it's an on road truck with only a minor amount of gentle off road driving in my farm fields.
Thanks for reading all this and now for the big question...
Does any body see anything Seriously Wrong with the plan?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had 9 on the drivers side and 11 on the passenger and had no problem getting the alignment.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Many people run 10+ turns to fit 35's on stock...you should be alright!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I've seen about a half-dozen trucks with 35's on stock wheels w/ no lift!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Many people run 10+ turns to fit 35's on stock...you should be alright!
Maybe with major cutting and trimming...but you still need blocks on the back.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i think it looks lame when u stuff a huge tire in a fender just to say u got 35's or bigger...get the right size tire-:t -:t

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Remember that the fuel tank is off center. That could be the cause of the lessthan 1/4" differance that your seeing.
If the tires aren't rubbing I would just leave it alone.
IMHO green keys only alow you to raise the front farther than it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts