Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones concensus on synthetic fluids for the allison? I am thinking about using Mobil 1 or Amsoil Torque Drive. Will prob just drain it and change the filter. Thanks for any insight!

·
Banned
449 Posts
I ran amsoil in my allison for about 2 years in my old truck. No problems. I would reccomend getting it flushed tho, because you are probably leaving a lot of junk in the converter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been using Mercon V in mine and in my customers rigs, it is inexpensive, it is also a synthetic blend, the Allison trans provides a drain plug on there pan which folks need to utilize and use, and also a external filter, to spend 6-9$$ a quart for Amsoil or Transynd IMHO is not necessary when they make it easy to change your fluid.

Let the flak begin

Ron

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Hey, all. Allison recommends Transind (Transcind) I have heard, is you purchase the extended warranty, the dealer puts synthetic in. Also, they say, change fluid every 50,000 miles, with synthetic.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
P.S. I have Transind in my Allison. I have only done one change, so it is not completely synthetic, yet. Will change again, at end of camping season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts