Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of days ago I stopped at an authorized Allison shop to pick up the spin on filter for first spin on filter change on my 05' and I had a chat with a mechanic about synthetic fluid as I am going to make a switch from dino to synthetic. He strongly recommonds Transynd fluid and told me to stay away from AMSOIL TorqueDrive that got me confused. I have used AMSOIL motor oils and few other stuffs with very good results but have not tried their TorqueDrive yet so I do not know anything about torquedrive. So anyone having any issues with AMSOIL TorqueDrive fluid in their transmissions? It doesn't matter to me which synthetic fluid to go with between Transynd or AMSOIL torquedrive. Only difference is that I can pick Transynd up locally and have to order AMSOIL torquedrive online and wait for few days before I get them.

· Registered
300 Posts
been using torque drive since it came out a couple years ago and have had great results.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you define by the means of great results? How many miles have you put on since using TorqueDrive?

· Registered
1,356 Posts
There's quite a few folks around here using TD and no problems reported because of it. I think the mechanic just advised you to use what he is familiar with and what is recommended by Allison. Nothing wrong with that. He knows it works and he's just playing it safe, can't blame him.

DEWFPO

· Registered
390 Posts
I have 98K, changed over to the Amsoil at 6K, and I tow a 16K+ fifth wheel, nary a problem. If there was a problem with using it, with as many people using it as there is, you would hear about it.

· Registered
240 Posts
I used amsoil td in my o4, and it seemed to turn almost black after only 30000 miles. I am purchasing deep pan from merchant automotive and installing transgo jr. kit and transynd on my lbz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.