Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning guys,
After googling I can find almost nothing regarding switching out my 40-60 bench seat for 2 bucket seats from a 96 Sierra. I have a 94 extended cab SLE. Anyone done this before and what problems did you run into?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
I can't imagine it would be that big of a problem. Even if the 4 middle holes aren't drilled in the front, after you have the risers bolted on the outside it should be a snap.

I'm going to be combing the junkyard here sometime soon in the future to see if I can't get some newer model buckets into my truck. Maybe even replace the rear seat.

Speaking of risers, make sure you get them with your donor seats. A lot of times people/junkers unbolt them from the risers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was surprised how many good looking sets of them I've found on Craigslist, little pricey but maybe 350 ain't bad for the seats and console. I just look at it as it'll cost as much for them as for the entire exhaust lol but I appreciate the feedback and I'll make sure they do!

·
Registered
356 Posts
On my 1994 I went the other weay for 6 passenger seating in my xtra cab. Biggest change is drilling a few holes since not all line up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which set up do you like better? I never have more than 1 or 2 people in mine so the need for the middle seat ain't really there, and the passenger in the front is always slipping and sliding all over the seat on turns in the 60-40 I have now.. Figured buckets would make it more comfortable for longer rides too

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
I swapped my 1995 bench seat for 2004 buckets, Had to make some risers due to floor pan clearance, But those should fit. I had to drill the inner holes out, On the passenger side theirs a access panel ( under the truck) you have to bend out of the way to reach one of the bolts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was considering doing this to my crew cab, taking the front bench with console and moving that to the rear and then installing the buckets and console out of my parts truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts