Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, fords buying my F back,I cant see buying another ford diesel. I'm trying to order a gmc 3500 in steel gray,dealer is telling me no metallic paints are available. I finally deside to go with a duramax, now I cant get a color I like. Say it ain't so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wish ford would buy mine back. it's a F350 4 x 4 and it's had 12 EGR Valves. Infact I am so PO at Ford that I will never buy one of there products again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
WTF? my 06 is steel gray

·
Registered
550 Posts
my 06 is steel grey and its metalic

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer has two steel gray 2500hds, just no 3500hds. I put an order in, the dealer called the next day to tell me that gm wont do any metallic colors. The colors are white, black,red.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wish ford would buy mine back. it's a F350 4 x 4 and it's had 12 EGR Valves. Infact I am so PO at Ford that I will never buy one of there products again.
I will never own another Ford. Due completely to their customer service, or LACK there of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto on the POS Fords. Took me three F series to figure it out and one Rado to put them all to shame.

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
The dealer has two steel gray 2500hds, just no 3500hds. I put an order in, the dealer called the next day to tell me that gm wont do any metallic colors. The colors are white, black,red.
Well my GMC dealer placed an order for silver birch metialic 3500 crew cab dooley in Early Feb. Sould be getting it with in the next two weeks.

I spent a week trying to decide between the steel gray metalic and the sliver birch metalic. Dealer said I could order either color.

·
Registered
142 Posts
go to www.gm.com build your truck and use their vehicle locator, your dealer can find more if he wants to, including trucks on order.

My dealer found the truck I wanted 500 miles away and had it within 2 days.

Sounds like your guy doesn't want to do the legwork.

Here are the colors http://www.gmbuypower.com/selectColor.bp?iPi=3&fPi=5&styleId=WT%201WT&style=WT%201WT&pvc=1631&make=Chevrolet&zip=77018&driveType=2WD%20&boxSize=Long%20Box&subModel=3500&boxSizeId=21&makeId=001&cabSize=Extended%20Cab&cabSizeId=14&model=Silverado&subModelId=9&year=2006&modelId=003&driveTypeId=7&&

I think he is trying to limit you to trucks on order or from dealers they trade with.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I would ask another dealer. I think they are full of it.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
It took me like 5 dealers to get the truck i wanted, the last one i went with was awsome at finding me a truck a the price was better than all of the others i got.....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go get 'um...

Go to http://www.gmbuypower.com/homePage.bp? Build a truck. Request a quote. If they won't do "Metallic"... Call GM. For Chevy http://www.chevrolet.com/contactus/ for GMC http://www.gmc.com/contactus/index.jsp

It sounds to me like the dealer is trying to dump inventory...

Have fun... and "Don't let anyone rip you off"... :exactly:

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Perhaps you could buy my old 2005 GMC 2500HD. It only had 4900 miles on it. Ran like a champ in 70 degree weather, empty, on flat ground. Nicest interior of any truck I ever owned. All the bells and whistles. Probably still around a on used lot somewhere in Central Indiana.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yah i went down the ford road once and bought a 2004 crewcab lariet 6.0 liter. In 6 weeks it was in the shop 4 times . Egr valves, a turbo, injectors. Talk about garbage. Never, never again. There is a reason you cant find a decent used duramax on any car lots around here. My dealer who also sells fords has 10- 12 used 6.0 liter 03 and 04 powerstrokes that you can pick up for next to nothing. Wonder why that is?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Once you go black you'll never go back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts