Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Night and day. Very limited body roll in the turns that use to make it roll pretty good. Haven't tied it with the camper yet. Should make a huge diff though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
They make a big difference. My truck has a tendency to oversteer in snowy conditions now - but I like that and I use the gas pedal to make it steer

Cheers!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Big difference. Much more pleasant to drive. Much less understeer and body roll.
Highly recommended.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Big difference.

Pricey (especially if you have to pay extra for a different end link caused by running an aftermarket exhaust), but worth it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
HoustonDMax;1586564; said:
Big difference.

Pricey (especially if you have to pay extra for a different end link caused by running an aftermarket exhaust), but worth it.
Where did you come up with the different end link? I have had my sway bar disconnected for the past 6 months because of my exhaust, and I'd like to get it hooked back up.

·
Registered
557 Posts
JoshH;1589489; said:
Where did you come up with the different end link? I have had my sway bar disconnected for the past 6 months because of my exhaust, and I'd like to get it hooked back up.
Got it from Tom (TFEnt, or whatever his screen name his). The guy that sells the sway bars.

PM him, or maybe he will see this and jump in.

I ran around for a month or two like that until he got me the different endlink.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Are you guys running front, back, both? Which one is more important and will make the biggest difference? Any change in ride? Thanks as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What rear sway bars for the 2500HD's w/no lift and stock exhaust are you finding to be the ones to get? Also what traction/ladder bars would you recommend for the same truck?

·
Registered
544 Posts
:nopics:

·
Registered
334 Posts
kkirt1;1590722; said:

OK here are some photos.

Front STOCK sway bar HOLLOW! Yuck NOT heavy duty!

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

Front Manly Solid Heavy Duty Front Bar!!

Rear Sway Bar Kit

Rear Bar Installed

Driver-Side Rear Bar Close-Up

Passenger-Side Rear Bar Close-Up

Driver-Side End-Link Close-Up

Mag-Hytec Clearence

·
Registered
100 Posts
The sway bar from Frederico Performance is so much more expensive then others i have found made out of the same heat treated sprung metal and they even come with the better red bushings,from these pictures it looks like just the reg black rubber bushings here. Why is this??

·
Registered
42,913 Posts
I put em on mine and I carry a slide in camper. I know they really helped my swaying.

·
Registered
100 Posts
SaguaroKid;1590891; said:
I put em on mine and I carry a slide in camper. I know they really helped my swaying.
THX! What bushings came with yours? And how well did it just bolt up,or what other work had to be done to get them installed?

·
Registered
334 Posts
SANDHEAD;1590857; said:
The sway bar from Frederico Performance is so much more expensive then others i have found made out of the same heat treated sprung metal and they even come with the better red bushings,from these pictures it looks like just the reg black rubber bushings here. Why is this??
SANDHEAD:

Our sway bar kits are bought and installed by the US Border Patrol. These are the very same kits that are sold to the public. The bushing color does not reflex manuf. or quality. Every lot of bushings we receive gets crushed in a 50,000lb press to the size of a penny. This is to insure the Polyurethane mixture of the bushing is done correctly and to our specs. It takes about 3 hours for it to form back into its original shape. If the bushing splits or turns into a powder the mix is wrong and the whole lot is returned.

We only use the highest, most durable products available. That is why our kit is the most expensive. The competition will try to duplicate our system, but it will not last on a HD Truck. We spent months R&D’n this system. Not just to make it work but to make it safe. In addition all of the hardware in the kit is covered by a lifetime warrantee.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Like night and day. 3500#s of slide-in camper on or off the difference is amazing. Front and rear Frederico sways on.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Are the new ones finished that are made to clear an aftermarket exhaust?

Anyone got pictures of this installed on a 7-9 Cognito lift?

·
Registered
100 Posts
TFEnt;1590992; said:
SANDHEAD:

Our sway bar kits are bought and installed by the US Border Patrol. These are the very same kits that are sold to the public. The bushing color does not reflex manuf. or quality. Every lot of bushings we receive gets crushed in a 50,000lb press to the size of a penny. This is to insure the Polyurethane mixture of the bushing is done correctly and to our specs. It takes about 3 hours for it to form back into its original shape. If the bushing splits or turns into a powder the mix is wrong and the whole lot is returned.

We only use the highest, most durable products available. That is why our kit is the most expensive. The competition will try to duplicate our system, but it will not last on a HD Truck. We spent months R&D’n this system. Not just to make it work but to make it safe. In addition all of the hardware in the kit is covered by a lifetime warrantee.
Please tell me the diffreance then between yours and this one - http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005923/p-2005923/N-111+2001+200728698+600010344/c-10101
Not trying to be a jerk just needing to watch my money. Thanks for understanding.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just purchased Tom's kit...I have no regrets. I immediately recognize the JC Whitney kit as an absolute POS, but I'll let Tom explain to you all the reasons why! :D I think in the end you will never regret the extra coin you spend on the Frederico kit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts