Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 2500HD with Duramax and LT package the truck came with the standard little mirrors. They are heated but no turn signals. I purchased 2 new towing mirrors from Chevy. The new mirrors have turn signals and what appears to be back up lights in them. The turn signals and back up lights don't work on the new mirrors. I would think Chevy would wire the the truck to work with these mirrors. They plugged right in. The truck is an LT package and the mirrors are an option for this truck. The Chevy dealer said the truck is not wired for this. I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone know if the dealer is correct?
Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are those mirrors you purchased to replace the small mirrors the new chrome tow mirrors you see on the High Country trucks? If so what part numbers did you get?

Everyone seems to be looking for those numbers! including myself, as i just purchased a 2015 duramax 3500HD with the small mirrors.

What I have heard is that the turn signal lights on the front side of the mirror need tapped into the wire that feeds the led turn signal that is in the glass. they are independent wires. the other option is to tap into the running lights for an always on look.

I have also heard that the LED projector beams in the mirror facing rearward do not work with out running a wire to tie in with either the back up lights or the cargo lamp. Depending on how you want it to work.

i could be completely wrong on al aspects but this is what if researched so far... if anyone has more info let us know.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here are the part numbers just picked truck up these mirrors should of been standard on all LTZ's from beginning of 15!

Mirror 23241467
Mirror 23241465
Switch 23154705
Switch 23129535

Those are the left and right chrome mirrors with power folding
Driver 3 way switch and a new passenger side window switch.
Your dealer is correct it takes some extra wiring.

·
Premium Member
14,360 Posts
Here are the part numbers just picked truck up these mirrors should of been standard on all LTZ's from beginning of 15!

Mirror 23241467
Mirror 23241465
Switch 23154705
Switch 23129535

Those are the left and right chrome mirrors with power folding
Driver 3 way switch and a new passenger side window switch.
Your dealer is correct it takes some extra wiring.
If the supplier had been able to get them to GM, I'm sure they would have been available.

Thanks for the numbers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just some more info i have found for anyone looking at the new style mirrors=
Chrome power fold mirrors Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Auto part Bumper Technology

Right-23241467
Left- 23241465
Same mirror in black without the powerfold feature from what i can tell
Right-23241622 Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Mode of transport

Left- 23241621

·
Registered
440 Posts
Any chance of putting these mirrors on my 2013 Denali 3500? They are sweet!

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
Wonder if they would work on a gen-iv 2008 dually!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just some more info i have found for anyone looking at the new style mirrors=
Chrome power fold mirrors View attachment 267002
Right-23241467
Left- 23241465
Same mirror in black without the powerfold feature from what i can tell
Right-23241622 View attachment 267010
Left- 23241621
a few things you might want to know regarding these mirrors.
If you have any new body style trucks they will fit however what packages you have built into your truck determines how hard they are to make everything work.

the chrome powerfold mirrors with those switch numbers for replacement, the switches only plug into the wiring harnesses with memory recall seats or trucks that already had powerfold. I'm talking about the mirror switch only. the mirror plugs into the harness fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one of the very early 2015 LTZ that has the black camper mirrors and want to upgrade to the power folding mirrors mentioned. I have the memory seats, so does this mean the backup light and turn signal lights will work with my existing wiring. Will I need to have the computer reprogrammed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
a few things you might want to know regarding these mirrors.
If you have any new body style trucks they will fit however what packages you have built into your truck determines how hard they are to make everything work.

the chrome powerfold mirrors with those switch numbers for replacement, the switches only plug into the wiring harnesses with memory recall seats or trucks that already had powerfold. I'm talking about the mirror switch only. the mirror plugs into the harness fine.
with that being said hear are the diagrams of the harness at the mirror switch with memory seats
Text Font Line Design Parallel

and hear without
Text Font Line Design Document

folding mirror without mem recall
Text Diagram Parallel Line Font

now looking at wiring diagrams and these two connector styles it seems they make a mirror switch that works with powerfold and a vehicle that doesnt have memory recall. i am really trying to find out if they make a mirror switch that plugs into the second connector for a powerfold mirror.

Does anyone own a 2014-1500 silverado/sierra or 2015 silverado/sierra with powerfold mirror but doesnt have memory recall seats????
:help:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one of the very early 2015 LTZ that has the black camper mirrors and want to upgrade to the power folding mirrors mentioned. I have the memory seats, so does this mean the backup light and turn signal lights will work with my existing wiring. Will I need to have the computer reprogrammed?
the black powerfold will work with with the turn signal in the mirror, all power adjust, heated mirror function but the running light and cargo light probably wont work straight out of the box. unfortunately their are multiple harnesses in the door. you would almost have to have the door panel off and inspect the harness that goes from the door jam to the mirror. if all the correct wires are in the mirror plug(door side not mirror) then you probably would not have to do any additional wiring but more than likely would have to have the bcm flashed for some of the functions. from what i understand if you swap the switches (mirrorswitch and passenger window switch) the powerfold works without a reflash. if you dont want to have it flashed it can be wired yourself to work as intended. i have the wiring schematics to do that if you would like them let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the black powerfold will work with with the turn signal in the mirror, all power adjust, heated mirror function but the running light and cargo light probably wont work straight out of the box. unfortunately their are multiple harnesses in the door. you would almost have to have the door panel off and inspect the harness that goes from the door jam to the mirror. if all the correct wires are in the mirror plug(door side not mirror) then you probably would not have to do any additional wiring but more than likely would have to have the bcm flashed for some of the functions. from what i understand if you swap the switches (mirrorswitch and passenger window switch) the powerfold works without a reflash. if you dont want to have it flashed it can be wired yourself to work as intended. i have the wiring schematics to do that if you would like them let me know.
apparently my keyboard studdddders( no offense to anyone out there) so let me correct my mistakes to the above.

the new chrome powerfold will work with the turn signal in the mirror, all power adjust and heated mirror function but the running light and cargo light probably wont work straight out of the box. unfortunately there are multiple harnesses in the door. you would almost have to have the door panel off and inspect the harness that goes from the door jam to the mirror. if all the correct wires are in the mirror plug(door side not mirror) then you probably would not have to do any additional wiring but more than likely would have to have the bcm flashed for some of the functions. from what i understand if you swap the switches (mirrorswitch and passenger window switch) the powerfold works without a reflash. if you dont want to have it flashed it can be wired yourself to work as intended. i have the wiring schematics to do that if you would like them let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in model year production change

I have one of the earlier 2015 2500HD LTZs, loaded, that came with the black manual towing mirrors. I was wanting the standard mirrors. I just had an opportunity to do a swap with a guy who is buying a truck with the standard mirrors and wants the towing mirrors. What we found out, though, is that Chevrolet made an in-model-year production change on the 2500s to add the power folding feature and the wiring harness is different. Mirrors made for the newer trucks will not plug into the older trucks. You might be able to make something work, but it won't be plug and play.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one of the earlier 2015 2500HD LTZs, loaded, that came with the black manual towing mirrors. I was wanting the standard mirrors. I just had an opportunity to do a swap with a guy who is buying a truck with the standard mirrors and wants the towing mirrors. What we found out, though, is that Chevrolet made an in-model-year production change on the 2500s to add the power folding feature and the wiring harness is different. Mirrors made for the newer trucks will not plug into the older trucks. You might be able to make something work, but it won't be plug and play.
The mirror plug itself has not changed no matter what option your truck came with... the mirror switch plug is however one of two styles... if u had powerfold and memory seats no matter the mirror it is one style, it would be the mirror switch plug listed above that shows with memory recall seats. And is fairly easy to do with the addition of the switches, If you have powerfold from what I can tell you have memory seats. If you did not have powerfold you could still have one or the other depending on if your truck came with memory seats. If your truck came with memory seats it is still fairly easy to do because you have the correct connector for the powerfold switch.

In my case I did not have powerfold or memory seats but added the new mirrors. I had to run new wires for the turn signal, marker and cargo lights. Getting powerfold in my situation has proven to be more difficult as I have not found a switch with the powerfold button that will connect to any harness that did not have memory seats. The switch uses a serial bus connection from driver side to passenger side for communication which requires the memory seat module and the folding A90 logic goes through the passenger window switch. At this point my only option is to use a DPDT momentary rocker switch to fold them in or out unless I find a part number for a powerfold mirror switch from gm that works with a vehicle that doesn't use memory seat recall. The diagram above shows a folding mirror option without memory recall telling me they planned on that option but doesn't seam to have been produced. Still on my quest to find the elusive part number... appointment at dealer for the power stearing recall tomorrow... more research tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do have the memory seats - it's an LTZ Z71 and it's fairly loaded. But, when they wanted to put my manual mirrors on a newer truck, they told me the wiring harness did not match. They seemed to indicate that his power folding standard mirrors would not retrofit to my truck either. So I was just going with what the dealership told me. But good info. Thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
OK, so my new chrome power folding towing mirrors came in this afternoon from my dealer. I installed both missors in about 1.5 hours. Would have been a little less, but I had to figure our how to remove the door panel without breaking anything.

Swapping both mirrors and both switches was easy.

Turn signal, glass movement in both mirrors works as well as power folding.

Now the issues. The running light does not light up at all. On my brothers truck, it is an additional running light only. No turn signal on the amber colored light. The rear facing cargo light built into the mirrors does not work either.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram/schematic of these mirrors harness? I need both the door harness and the mirror harness schematic. I want to be able to compare my existing door harness mirror connection to that of a truck that cme with these mirrors from the factory.

I am looking to figure out if I have rewire(add wires) or somehow have it reprogrammed(reflashed).

Another question - Is it common knowledge for a Technician to know how to reflash the computer if necessary? If not, what can I tell them to help the process. Or do I get a VIN number of a truck with exactly the options my truck has that came factory with the mirrors and reflash my truck to be like that one?

Sorry if I have confused anyone, I feel like I am confused now.

Thanks for the help,

By the way, the mirrors look awesome. I have part numbers if anyone is interested. See below. It took about 1 week for all the parts to arrive.

23241465 - Mirror
23241467 - Mirror
2319535 - Switch
23488411 - Switch (this part number superceded from 23154705)

Thanks in advance for the help,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have all that however I'm at the bar... if u do a search over on duramax forum and search for my same username their I have everything posted... if u can't find it let me know and I'll transfer it over to here tomorrow

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have all that however I'm at the bar... if u do a search over on duramax forum and search for my same username their I have everything posted... if u can't find it let me know and I'll transfer it over to here tomorrow

Tries to search, no good, I dont know what Im doing.

Have a drink for me, and please send info when able.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving

Ryan

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.