Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If you have an 06 LLY I think you can. I would'nt worry about which I had, just buy any programer and with a tow tune you can make your LLY run as good or better than a stock LBZ.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I took mine to my dealer..They reflashed or reprogrammed the ecm for 75 bucks..You need to get a vin. # from an LBZ and the computer does the rest..EFLive can do the same thing and a whole lot more though

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took mine to my dealer..They reflashed or reprogrammed the ecm for 75 bucks..You need to get a vin. # from an LBZ and the computer does the rest..EFLive can do the same thing and a whole lot more though
cool!! good info thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I assume you noticed a power difference but what did it do for fuel mileage? I have the same truck and most guys with the LBZ say they're getting better MPG than me. Wondering if your MPG increased with the LBZ program? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
whats the difference in the two factory tunes why did they make two? just curious

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The 06 was introduced with an LLY, it was nothing like the 05 LLY it is the exact same engine as the LBZ. I've heard that GM had the LBZ ready for 06 but the emissions trials werent complete so they could'nt start production. The way they got around this was to install the LBZ engine with a similar program as the 05 LLY. When doing this the engine was considered an LLY with enternal upgrades.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
thanks i have always wondered that.... makes complete sense now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.