Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you guys can help me out, I was driving doing about 60 and all of sudden it was like my truck got an extra shot of fuel. I took my foot off the pedal and continued to accelerate to 65. I pulled to the side of the road and putted home doing about 20-25 still not touching the pedal. The motor surges and pours out black smoke, which it never does. Usually just some white smoke on start up. I shut it off let it sit for a while started it back up and it revved up to about 3000 rpm then decreased and proceeded to bounce from 500-1000 rpm still pouring black smoke out the tail pipe. I still had no pedal response either, didn’t matter if I held it to the floor or pumped the pedal it didn’t make a difference. It could be the pmd I haven’t tried a different on yet but this one has never once given me problems in the2 years I’ve had it.

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Between me and a buddy we’ve been through all the grounds in the past few months. I haven’t checked for codes yet, I was far too angry to bother with it today lol My biggest fear is the ip took a crap

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
Between me and a buddy we’ve been through all the grounds in the past few months. I haven’t checked for codes yet, I was far too angry to bother with it today lol My biggest fear is the ip took a crap
The black smoke, lack of pedal response, and surging makes me lean towards a bad PMD keep us updated on results and be sure to check for any codes.
You can use the paperclip trick to get the codes manually

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the bad pmd. I switched to a different one and it fires up and runs like it should. I’ve never had one go bad and make the truck act like it did so I was very confused. Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
It was the bad pmd. I switched to a different one and it fires up and runs like it should. I’ve never had one go bad and make the truck act like it did so I was very confused. Thanks for the help!
Glad you have the issue resolved.
Thanks for the update!
(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts