Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading home from work and the truck had finally come up to temp while sitting at a Red light. Up next to me pulls a Supra with a loud pipe on it. Made my truck sound tame and it's straight piped.

Anyone the turn light comes on and he starts to roll and realizes it's for the turning traffic and backs up to where he should be instead of in the middle of the intersection. While he did this he turned on his right signal, which would of cut me off because he wanted to get infront of me and take the next right which wasn't even an 1/8 mile ahead of us.

Well, because of the loud pipe and rough day at work I let the kid in me get the best of me. I put her in 4x4 and hit the tow haul button and rolled forward a tad to make sure the 4x4 was firm and when the light started to change I put her 2,200 rpm and when the light hit green I stood on it and released the brake.

In the mean time he heard my truck and he spooled up his car as well, but the tq difference wasn't even close. Needless to say he didn't get in front of me and I made the turn and let off the gas and had her back in 2wd before he even got to the curve.

It was fun and he made a suggestion at me as he passed me on the hwy I just smiled and waved.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not baggin, but what do you have in your truck to spank a 13 sec car (if he's stock). My buddy has a 95 with just a boost controller, intake and exhaust and it is pretty fast. I don't even try, even with my 900+ ft/lbs. Fill in you sig with all your mods.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Not baggin, but what do you have in your truck to spank a 13 sec car (if he's stock). My buddy has a 95 with just a boost controller, intake and exhaust and it is pretty fast. I don't even try, even with my 900+ ft/lbs. Fill in you sig with all your mods.

:confused: :iamwithst

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
OT, but what where you doing in you avatar testing your snorkel? :lol:

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
With 900+lb.ft.,I'd be trying ALL the time..I can spank a new Mustang GT by a good bit and I dont think a Supra can be that much faster,but then again I have a few stickers on my back window..(maybe 150 horses worth).:cool:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I haven't ran my truck at the track yet, but I can assure you I don't run even close to a mid to low 13. It's seems like I've seen mustangs running low 14's stock, no match for a supra even from a dig, from a roll their deadly. With barely any mods by buddies supra runs 12's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys from the light to the turn was maybe 60ft. Supras don't have jack for TQ. They dont build TQ until about 6k rpm. Their TQ curve is flat until 6 grand.

Mods to the truck? Straight exhaust and Air Raid. So basically nothing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a Mopar in my sig up on Leech Lake last year. It was a kid playing with Dad's truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
OT, but what where you doing in you avatar testing your snorkel? :lol:
:funnypost thats funny i dont care who you are!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Old import joke: What do a 600WHP, 800WHP and 1000WHP Supra have in common? They all run 12s

I have driven a 900 something WHP Supra (700 something W lb ft) and when I caught boost off the single 88mm turbo at 100mph it spun em through 125 before it hooked. Those cars have some serious traction problems.

Good kill.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.