Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling a kit to add supplemental propane to turbodiesels. Currently the kit fits all Duramax and 6.5 GM engines, with Ford and Dodge soon to come. The unit is easily installed and doesn't require any special tools. The fuel curve is easily adjustable using a choke cable in the cabin. You can use anywhere from virtually no propane to almost 3 gal of propane to 1 gal of #2. If you can get lp for a good price, it can save several cents per mile in fuel costs. The unit also can add up to 90 horsepower at the wheels. The cost of the kit is $409 plus shipping and a tank. The kit includes all hoses, fittings, electrical, mounting brackets, etc, except a tank. I can get any tanks made by Manchester, I charge 10% over my wholesale cost for them. A 10 gal steel forklift tank w/quick release mounting brackets runs $200 plus shipping.

Rather than relying on a preset amount of boost to start the gas flow, this unit utilizes the intake vacuum ahead of the turbo to draw the gas in. At idle, no gas is used. When the engine starts to see a load, the preturbo vacuum starts increasing as the turbo draws on the intake pipe from the aircleaner. This causes the propane gas regulator to start delivering fuel. As the vacuum increases, more and more propane flows. The driver only controls the diesel throttle, the propane flow is modulated by the changing amount of preturbo vacuum. The result is a seamless increase of power with no trigger points. The electric filterlock switches on with the ignition, and also has a dash-mounted switch for manual control.

For those interested in more range on a tank of #2, I have achieved as high as 53 mpg on #2. I recently went 1567 miles on one tank of 32 gals. When getting 53 mpg on #2, the propane mileage is approximately 21 mpg. To find the total cost per mile, you must calculate the cost/mile of each fuel and add them together. For example, if your truck gets 19 mpg at 70 mph on #2, and fuel costs $2.50/gal, the cost/mile is 13.2¢/mile. At 53 mpg, it would be 4.7¢/mile. If propane is $1.50/gal, at 21 mpg it would be 7.1¢/mile. Add 4.7¢ and 7.1¢ for a total of 11.8¢/mile.

I will add more info to this thread as I get time. Here are a few pics of the unit on a Duramax and a 6.5. I can be reached at 740-622-5126 and my email is [email protected].

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.