Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone post some photos of their super tank. The ones on the website are too dark. I am interested in how far down the tank hangs. I use my truck off road to hunt and am afraid of getting a hole in it from dragging or kicking up a limb etc. I have a cc sb thanks.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Could someone post some photos of their super tank. The ones on the website are too dark. I am interested in how far down the tank hangs. I use my truck off road to hunt and am afraid of getting a hole in it from dragging or kicking up a limb etc. I have a cc sb thanks.
I meant to put one in my garage, but haven't taken one yet. I just went out and measured-- it hangs about 1 1/2 inches below the frame rails. Go look under your truck at about the location of the front mirrors-- you will see a bracket that runs across the truck and hangs down about 1 1/2 inches. Well, that's how far the Supertank hangs down.

Remember, the tank comes with a metal shield! I asked the guy at Supertanks if there were ever cases where people gashed their tanks while offroading. He said that (to his knowledge) it's never happened, but he mentioned that one person had dented their tank while riding over (ON) a very large boulder. Give them a call... they will be happy to talk with you.

FYI: My wife and I were on a rough, boulder strewn "road" in Capitol Reef NP (in the middle of NOWHERE) and we came upon a large boulder that we couldn't avoid. I said we could clear it, my fearful and often fretting wife disagreed. She got out of the truck and watched me clear it by like 8-9". She couldn't believe it. She is now much more comfortable when we are in similar situations. --Paul.

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Hey! what's with the crossbar? Is that a supertanks item, or did you fab that up?

·
Registered
434 Posts
That is from Supertanks. It supports the front half of the tank and also has a metal skidplate that protects teh bottom of the tank forward of the bar.

The front half of the tank is how they get most of the extra capacity. The bar supports that part of the tank.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Thanks for the info and pictures. I've been toying with the idea of a Supertank for a while, never saw that particular bar before. All the other shots of the Supertank that I've seen have a galvanized "pan" under the whole tank bottom. Did you paint yours black, or was it supplied that way?

·
Registered
434 Posts
There is a pan under the tank. That is what you see that is black and it is plastic. The only metal plate is the one that extends forward from the crossbar. The plate is also black.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you guys provide more info about the Supertank? Such as who makes it or who sells it?

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Outstanding! Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.