Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in how this works. I am installing it so my speedo is correct, but will this thing correct all the DIC stuff (odometer, ave MPG, Range, etc )? Also, what about the ABS, is that a whole different ball game or what? I have the attitude and right now am reading my speed off of it instead of the truck speedo, but I am just way too lazy to figure out the gas mileage manually. Plus that, I just like to know if all my stuff is working properly, whether I use it or not.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HD4fun

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I am just guessing but it probably takes the VSS input (vehicle speed sensor) and alters it and sends the corrected pulse per mile and sends that information to the ECM. This would be the easiest universal way to handle it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was curious about this too?If we correct the speed sensor from the trans,would that make the front wheel speed sensors and the trans sensor diffrent?Think that will set an ABS light?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I went to superlift to see what it looked like. It is a 4 wire hookup. The means 2 wire have to be power and ground, one input for vss and one output for vss. This makes me think that it is intended to be used between the ecm and the instrument cluster. This would eliminate any problems with abs and other equipment. So only the instrument cluster would be getting the corrected pulses per mile. Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Looks like it's just what I'm looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts