Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a superchips tuner. Has anyone out here had any experience with them. Good or Bad? I was wanting to start playing a little, but didn't have the green to lay down for the edge/juice, would love to have one. I wanted to have tuner and a code reader, and I can clear the codes with this one to if need arises. Would love to hear any feedback from anyone with experience with this particular tuner. For $200 I thought this might be a good introduction to the tuner world.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
$200 Sounds like a great deal. Let us know how it works out !

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been running the Superchips for about 1.5 weeks. Love the feel of the +95, like the +75, the +55 really can't tell much difference from stock. Fuel milege did get better with the 55 & 75 strange enough, the 95 just droped me 1 mpg. My problem is the constant communication errors. I will have to attempt a program at least 4-5 times before I get one to complete, I have removed all suggested fuses, daylight running lights disabled, doors closed, all radio, heater, etc.. all turned off. Also have had the engine stall on me a couple of times, one with the 55 the other with 95, just driving down the road between 1800-2000 RPM and the truck just looses power and will idle down to 45 mph and then start picking back up. It through a P0234 DTC last night, I returned to stock programing and contacted Superchips, very slow to respond to questions, not real pleased with service. At least I have a code reader, I wished I had the money for one of the better programmers.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I never had any of your described problems. The 55 hp on mine was a huge increase over stock from 1,500 rpms to 2,400 rpms.

I have currently switched over to the Juice with Attitude. The juice is definetly stronger, but probably not enough difference for the money for the casual dmaxer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts