1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***New Release for LB7,LLY,and LBZ***
Superchips Inc.
2001'-2006' 2500 and 3500 Duramax Flashpaq Tuner
Part#2805 On-line Updatable, with avalible custom programming.
RETAIL mspr$550

119HP and 206FTLBS of torque= Performance-No load(Quotes rated at wheels)​

87Hp and 151ftlbs of torque= Tow/Performance 6000lbs max
65Hp and 114FTLBS of torque=Tow up to limits of factory rating
Speed limiter raised from stock to 125MPH
Tire Height recalibration from 26" to 38" tall tire
Online updatable
Will allow for installing custom programs based on modifictions at a later date.
We are working with HPTuners.com to develope a custom programming software that you can use our product to install there custom tunes.
This also has a diagnostic tool added for your ability to check and clear your codes.
If you have any questions feel free to drop us a email or give us a call.
Thanks
Ron
[email protected]
1-888-227-2447

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am new at this with my first diesel so this will no doubt qualify as a dumb question. But I am trying to get educated on performance options for an LBZ. When I looked at the Superchip horsepower and torque charts, they only show high RPM results and the starting points of the curves would lead you to believe there is no improvement below about 2700 rpm. Am I missing something or do all the tuning options only improve high rpm power. I would rather have additional torque at 1600 rpm where the Allison holds the engine at most speeds. Are products that improve low end torque available?

·
Registered
627 Posts
***New Release for LB7,LLY,and LBZ***
Superchips Inc.
2001'-2006' 2500 and 3500 Duramax Flashpaq Tuner
Part#2805 On-line Updatable, with avalible custom programming.
RETAIL mspr$550

119HP and 206FTLBS of torque= Performance-No load(Quotes rated at wheels)​

87Hp and 151ftlbs of torque= Tow/Performance 6000lbs max
65Hp and 114FTLBS of torque=Tow up to limits of factory rating
Speed limiter raised from stock to 125MPH
Tire Height recalibration from 26" to 38" tall tire
Online updatable
Will allow for installing custom programs based on modifictions at a later date.
We are working with HPTuners.com to develope a custom programming software that you can use our product to install there custom tunes.
This also has a diagnostic tool added for your ability to check and clear your codes.
If you have any questions feel free to drop us a email or give us a call.
Thanks
Ron
[email protected]
1-888-227-2447
How can you quote the same numbers for all 3 engines? Can you cut the marketing BS out and show us the real numbers? The gains on an 06 LLY and 06 LBZ can't be the exact same.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
After my Guinea Pig version of the SuperChips LS1 Camaro tune, the first question I'd ask is:

What's your return policy?

And the second is:

Does the unit have any resale value?

I still have one of the first SuperChips LS1 tuners in my toolbox. After sending it back 2x, the car finally ran but nothing impressive (little to no HP gain), but since there is no refunds, and it's "married" to the VIN#, essentially it was an expensive lesson in "be sure who you are dealing with".

·
Registered
693 Posts
:exactly:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had a Superchip on my '01 Ford Supercrew. The stated power gains were only 25 HP but it did run a little better. The reason I bought it was to firm up the shifts and correct the speedo for which it did nicely. I paid $300 on Ebay for it and IMHO was worth it. I will buy another Superchip.

Later...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gas chips/programmers are lame and they do not make enough hp to make them worth the price. all they are really good for is making you run premium fuel and they do help auto transmissions. The flashpaq is new to the market and they seem to be better than the standard superchip programmers. My buddy has one for his 05 cummins and it runs great, since the superchip is the only option for the 06 cummins guys he didnt have much of an option. Wait i think bully dog has one for the new cummins but i dont even want to started on bully dog products

·
Registered
7 Posts
McRat this is a site for diesel engines in case you were confused. I had a Superchip programmer for a 99 Chev. 454 and the performance results were not very impressive. But the Superchip Programmer I had for both my 00' and 03' powerstrokes was very impressive with huge performance gains. Comparing a gas vs. a diesel programmer is like comparing a Harley and a Vespa as great road bikes. There is so much more that a diesel can do.

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
McRat this is a site for diesel engines in case you were confused. I had a Superchip programmer for a 99 Chev. 454 and the performance results were not very impressive. But the Superchip Programmer I had for both my 00' and 03' powerstrokes was very impressive with huge performance gains. Comparing a gas vs. a diesel programmer is like comparing a Harley and a Vespa as great road bikes. There is so much more that a diesel can do.
There are dozens of tuning options available. Ever wonder why so few are running the SC for the Dmax?

So you pick which company has the best reputation and stands behind their product.

Define "Not Impressive"? The first SCT on the LS1 was so lean the engine would not run past 4500rpm, the second one wouldn't even work, and the third one showed 0 HP gain on a dyno.

I'm sure their diesel products are every bit as good. ;)

You put their tuner on a dyno and compare it with another product. Then tell us what you find. I doubt I'll be surprised.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Man, I gotta side with McRat on this one. He was just stating his experience with Superchips in the past. Maybe their diesel products are better, but they have a reputation as a whole that follows them. I would want to know this info even if I am buying a diesel tuner. A company that puts out products that don't really perform bothers me even if it wasn't for my specific application. That would be the same as saying McRat was comparing superchips for GM products and you are giving us info on diesel tuners for ford products. You information is good too, but McRats is helpful as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just put 23 of the new 2805 tuners on the shelf. Im sure the phone will be on fire today lol. Everyone is looking for an alternative to the Powerpup. I dont know why the pup is good.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I think McRat is fully aware of the performance capabilities of diesels, and is one of the most knowledgeable people on the subject, in case you were confused.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
SUPERCHIPS :eek: what flavor :rolleyes: , bbq,....:rolleyes: .... salt and viager.......:rolleyes: ..... cool ranch.........oh !!!!!!!!!:eek: those are all something you can enjoy.;) I concur with McRatt

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
All I am saying is essentially:

Check the refund policy.
Check if it's "tranferable" between trucks.
Test it against other products.

It might be a good product, but is it better? If so, in what ways?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Those are some very good points to consider McRat. Maybe DiscountPowerParts can answer some of those questions.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I think McRat is fully aware of the performance capabilities of diesels, and is one of the most knowledgeable people on the subject, in case you were confused.
With a name like Mcrat,he's gotta be right.I think superchips fit into the same category as those swirly things for the intake.:cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Superchips has always VIN locked to the customers vehicle, it does not tune more than the original owners vehicle, and Im assuming that this is the same....but I will try to verify that fact today by calling my rep at Superchips.

3 Files on it
Tow-Safe 63HP/75TQ
Tow-Performance 85HP/108TQ
High Performance 119HP/158TQ

The unit is internet updatable, and there are higher power/TQ files coming in the future.

There is NO support for tranny tuning at all on the Duramax for this unit.

There is currently no adjustment for tire size or speed limiter, but in the upcoming updates this will be added.

Increased Horsepower and Torque
Easy Installation
No Tools Necessary
Improved Fuel Economy
Optimized Driveability
Diagnostic Trouble Code Reading Capability
In addition, part number 2805 provides the ability to:

Update Tuner via the Internet for Latest Calibrations

Eliminate Speed Limiter*

Recalibrate Speedometer for Larger Tire Sizes*

Choose from Three Available Performance Settings

* Not available on 2001 & 2006 models, but will be available on 2006 models soon.

Part#: 2805

I spoke with our SuperChips rep yesterday, and he says that the tune that is loaded today is where they are....today. They know there is more by way of power and TQ and they are tweaking tunes to get it, but they are testing and verifying tunes are EGT/Engine safe before anything gets released. The new tunes being tested and produced today will be available in teh near future for download/update for free as will additional future updates.

I wont set here and tell you that brand X is better/worse than brand Y...you can do the same things I can by calling manufacturers, reading website adds and forum posts relating to companies and products. I would tell you if I had experianced hearing about a trend of problems or issues....and I can only say that the Flashpaq is a new product, but Superchips tuning is very well known and has a history of being a well tuned product, but one that is not pushing the hard edge as far as some companies. I personally put superchips/Hypertech/Banks in a level playing field...all good products, and all with a use....but competition is not a use for these particular products. The Flashpaq has some very redeming qualities, and I dont at all think it is a bad product. Everyone has an opinion, and for every product there is a buyer....its upto you...the edgucated consumer to decide what product is for you...and me the seller to be here for you when your ready to make that decision to have the product available. I dont feel its my hob to make up your mind.......that leads to return requests..and I hate them!

Chill guys....

Larry

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wish people wouldn't advertise their product like this:

DiscountPowerParts said:
There is currently no adjustment for tire size or speed limiter, but in the upcoming updates this will be added.
DiscountPowerParts said:
Recalibrate Speedometer for Larger Tire Sizes*

* Not available on 2001 & 2006 models, but will be available on 2006 models soon.
I know this is not DiscountPowerParts fault, it is just a repeat of the web page.
Thank God every place I called was out of stock, because one of the reasons I need this is to compensat for tire size. I didn't read this correct of their web page the first time.

Far be it for me to be a pesimist but, the dyno charts do not show you what happens below ~2700rpms, they do show 2700-3400, a pretty narrow and high band.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts