Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with Hypertech or Superchips? Are you happy with it? Looking for info as not everyone can spend 600 to 800 for a box.

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would say save until you can get what you want not what you can afford. Just my opinion. I myself am saving for the Quad 135.

I do know that that I would not recommend Superchip because I have had to reprogram tucks factory settings because superchip cleared them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought Hypertech for my father in laws 03. He loves it. Its pretty easy to use and you can get it on E-bay for under $300.

In a drag race with my truck with the Attitude on level 5 he hung right with me.

Jesse

·
Registered
73 Posts
We put an 03 D-max on the Dyno. With the Hypertech it ran 330rwhp and 816ft-lb torque. it was and 85 hp gain. the tech said we still had alot of wheel slip so the numbers only get bigger. it was the best $350 we ever spent.

·
Registered
616 Posts
You get what you pay for. Makes power, but probably no safeguards like juice or banks stuff. I would spend the money on exhaust first and then the power up-grades second, because you need to watch the egts with increased power levels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts