Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, no I haven't tried any other power adder.

I must say I am impressed with the power, performance, and price of the Superchip programmer. These tuners can be bought for under $300 shipped to your door. I purchased mine from xxxperformance on ebay for $295 including the 2nd day ups shipping.

To me the performance is outstanding. Considering this is my first diesel, plugging in the superchip tuner gives you more power than adding a supercharger to a gas engine (been there, done that!). This tuner produces nearly no smoke, just a quick puff on a full throttle take off. Also, it reduced the "dead spot" in the low rpms. Stock dead spot was from 1,100 to 1,700 rpms. With the chip the dead spot is only from 1,100 to 1,300 rpms. Definitely something you can feel! All of this on just the lowest (55 hp) setting!

Towing was also better. I have a 2001 Wildcat 27rk that dry weighs in at 7,300 lbs. Stock the truck would downshift on most inclines. Now, with the 55 hp setting, it does not downshift anymore! Just smooth power. BTW, my towing mileage increased about 1 mpg.

I will add more as I continue to experiment with the tuner. If the weather is good Friday, I will go out to the track and make some stock runs and few with Superchip for a good comparison.

Later!

·
Registered
772 Posts
cdhd2001,

Do you have guages? What temps were you getting while
towing with the Superchip?

TC

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have the pyro gauge next week. Seems ups lost it during transit and I have to have another one sent.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am totally stock except for the chip. After tonight I will install my K&N air filter. If the weather holds I will be a the track tonight getting some time slips and video!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts