Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at the dyno charts for the new Superchips 2805 programmer on their website. The charts show a 2006 LLY with their 2805 programmer making more horsepower in than the LBZ in all three tunes. Try it yourself..just select make/model/engine/year on the home page and it will show you the appropriate dyo chart. Sure hate to think that I spent extra for an engine that may be weaker when tuned. :(

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
06 LLY and 05 LLY are same Dyno plots and they are greater gains than the LBZ by 35 HP, and 60 ft/lbs of torque..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Reason being is the trans can't handle the extra power that the lbz makes out of the gate, therfore the tunes are less of a power gain. O well i'm happy with my truck stock anyways the bd just makes it better.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I agree, the transmission limitation will be something that has to be dealt with on all models. Especially the LBZ sine it makes alot of power stock. I wonder how the tunes will change as they have more time with the LBZ and learn more about how to make power with it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I noticed that too. Hence why I would be interested to see if they come out with a programmer making more power as they learn more about LBZ.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Not less of a gain...less power overall/total from the LBZ than from the LLY.
Yep...

I think im pretty stoked on my LLY, seems you LBZ guys are going to be experiencing lots'o'problems in the future.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Since the 06 LLY and LBZ have the same computer the tuning from Superchips should be the same, as well as the power output.

I don't understand why they have the 04.5-06 LLYs are all listed on the same dyno chart.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yup, GM sure confused things by calling the early 06 model as an LLY when in reality it would be more appropriate to call it an LBZ version 1 or something. Well, once everyone is educated it will not longer be a problem.:confuzeld

·
Registered
95 Posts
04.5lly, 05'lly with 06'lly

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Since the 06 LLY and LBZ have the same computer the tuning from Superchips should be the same, as well as the power output.

I don't understand why they have the 04.5-06 LLYs are all listed on the same dyno chart.
Something wrong with Superchips charts when all LLY's lumped together!!!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
There is not enough data there to compare them all. You can only hope they had a controlled test for each level and had the same conditions just for testing one type of motor stock/tow/performance and those numbers arnt done in superchips favor.

Would be nice to see date, time, temp, humidty, coolant temp on every test to really see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The LBZ dyno came from my truck which is a 3500 dually with only a couple grand on the clock. Shoot, trucks only a month old.

I have no idea if the LLY dyno was done the same time, or even on a dually truck with an auto trans. Too many variables to compare the LBZ numbers against the LLY numbers unless we know the tests were done on similiar trucks under similiar conditions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts