Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running one of these? I saw it at a farm show in Tulare, CA. Well built unit but kinda pricey. $310.00 "show special". I had problems scanning it so I'm only posting part of the flyer.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I gotta get me one of these, Looks alot like the one's on the Semi's. Kinda of Pricey, but so far every aftermarket add-on has been, just that, Pricey
, so just got to convince the new Wife, THAT I NEED IT!

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I've be testing a preproduction model and should have a production model to show off here soon. Check my pics in my sig for more pictures than the wright up I did. I checked it the other day when I did an LOF and @ approximately 3000 miles, it still looks new with very little of the element used. The intake tube is spotless too. What I really want to see is the inter-cooler tubes. I cleaned everything out good prior to installing the Superfilter and I'll take it apart and check it all out once it's warm again....

Ox

·
Registered
600 Posts
You know what that filter looks like to me? It looks just like the filter I have on my Craftsman shop vac. Not the original filter, mind you. I went out and spent about $30 on one of those highly recommended, high efficiency gore tex filters available aftermarket at the home centers like Home Depot. They do work great and they clean pretty easily too.

Let's see. That leaves me with about $270 to spend on a housing. A few 3 pound coffee cans, some good duct tape, my tin snips, .... hmmm.

Just kiddin. Couldn't resist. That filter really does look like a Clean Stream gore tex shop vac replacement filter.

Jim

·
Registered
600 Posts
Not any more it doesn't. My filter is years old. But I wouldn't be surprised if a new filter smelled that way. Synthetic fibers, etc.
Have you seen the filters I'm talking about? Do you think yours is the same?

Did they ever provide you with the filtration efficiency data?Edited by: 2fast2

·
Registered
52 Posts
OX

You've got my interest with this filter. Please keep us posted and where / when we can get one!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They had a Dmax setup at the show. Very well built. Nice guys. They claim the filter minder doesn't work on the stock setup but on theirs it does. This looks to be the ticket for anyone who drives in dusty environments and needs a large element.

They don't have the Dmax version up on the web site yet.

www.uniquemetalproducts.com

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I talked to Cliff late last night; the Duramax Superfilter is very close to full market release.

Cliff did contact Donaldson a while back; they just told him the element has a 99.99% efficiency rating. They basically feel no need for fancy grafts or anything based on paper being a proven performer.

I should have the new one here are a review of it up within a week.

OxEdited by: BlueOx03

1 - 10 of 10 Posts