Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting a sunroof in our truck..does anybody know where the best place is to get the whole sunroof assembly??? Thanks

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I think the best bet is to go to any aftermarket car shop and see what they have. I wouldn't skimp on the quality on the sunroof and leave it up to the professionals. I would have a hard time hacking a big hole in my roof, but I would love to have a sunroof as well...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I like my Webasto. It is a quality unit w/ alot of features.

·
Registered
217 Posts
hill1430;1579157; said:
I like my Webasto. It is a quality unit w/ alot of features.
What series is it and how much did it cost you.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea was wondering too how much it costs???

·
Registered
612 Posts
It is the 700 series I believe. $1500, that included a new overhead console with homelink.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have lots of good reviews on Webesto.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
webesto makes about 99% of the factory sunroofs out there. Thats what comes in our trucks from factory.

If you decide to get a sunroof installed, make sure you have it done at a shop with lots of experience.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the input....not sure if I will do it on this truck...maybe another one...At least I know what is a good brand name!!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I have the webasto Hollondia in mine. $895 installed. IMHO it is way better than the factory Webasto. retracts into the roof, much quieter, and bigger. Price included building a new headliner and matching fabric on the sunshade.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Is there enoguht room to put a mmon roof that retracts into the roof in an ext cab truck like mine. and still put cab lights in the factory location. Thanks!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Webasto ftw :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Did you mean "ftw"?!?!

·
Registered
781 Posts
MadMaxMike;1594858; said: