Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm internet looking at an LB7 with the sunroof. I've read that the inner "cover" on the '06's let too much sunlight in when closed, due to the material used. Does the '04's have this problem? I live in the desert, so extra sunlight can be a killer.

Any other problems....noise when closed, leaks, not sealing welll....?

TIA,
Steve
St. George, UT

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I wasnt aware that a sunroof was an option in 04. Are you sure its not aftermarket?

·
Registered
484 Posts
the sunroof became an option in the 2nd half of '05 as far as im aware.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know it wasn't an option. It must be aftermarket then.

Is there any companies to stay away from, or that have a better reputation than others?

Steve

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Webasto has a good reputation IIRC...

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I've seens ome webasto installs and they are nicer then facory. The retract inside the roof, the shade uses the fatory roof liner material etc. Very, very nice if done properly.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I've seens ome webasto installs and they are nicer then facory. The retract inside the roof, the shade uses the fatory roof liner material etc. Very, very nice if done properly.
ditto, that is what I have, much better than stock IMHO. Buy the way, it looks like the factory sunroof is a webasto as well, just the model that doesn't retract into the roof, but goes out the top.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Talk to Sp33d. I beelive he has a Webasto sunroof in his truck...

Id be curious how the noise level is on the aftermarket sunroof? Then again, even if Chad's (Sp33d) sunroof whistles, it wouldnt be the only thing whistleing on his truck :D

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Talk to Sp33d. I beelive he has a Webasto sunroof in his truck...

Id be curious how the noise level is on the aftermarket sunroof? Then again, even if Chad's (Sp33d) sunroof whistles, it wouldnt be the only thing whistleing on his truck :D
with my aftermarket webasto if the inner shadeliner is shut it is as quite as stock, opening the shadeliner barely increases the noise. There is NO wind wistle noise at any speed.

With the sunroof open it is very quite up to about 55-60 MPH, then a wind rush starts, but it is still quite even at 65-70. Much quiter than my accord with the sunroof open.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good stuff guys. Thanks again.

The truck has a Solaire sunroof,which is made by Webasto. It is electric and slides into the ceiling.

I was able to close the deal last night, so i am flying to San Francisco tomorrow to buy the truck. The seller is the original owner.

Yaahhoo!!

Steve
St. George, UT

·
Registered
484 Posts
congrats!!!! enjoy the drive back!!! ):h):h

1 - 11 of 11 Posts